Access to Front Frame Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Reaction score
I'm slowly narrowing down options for winch mounts on my truck

For those of you who've removed your bumpers, HOW DOES THE GRILL COVER IN FRONT OF THE LOUVERED INTERCOOLER COME OFF? i.e. how much of the bumper and skid plate do i have to remove to get it off. See pic below (red square). I'd like to look at the access to front frame rails

have a cradle mounted winch which can be used in rear receiver (need to make longer power cables)

i think with the cover off, you could access the rails and weld hitch receivers to the top of them, then figure out how to replace the cover

normal driving - intercooler grille cover ON
rear recovery- attach winch to rear receiver
front recovery- attach "Y" trailer hitch bar to front receivers, then mount winch.

thanks guys!

Attachments

• 2017-ford-raptor-front.jpg
    2017-ford-raptor-front.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Snip20170125_23.jpg
    Snip20170125_23.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 117

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are on the exact same page. My only concern is blocking air flow to the IC. Until my truck gets here I won't know if that is or isn't going to be an issue. I'll be watching how your's goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are on the exact same page. My only concern is blocking air flow to the IC. Until my truck gets here I won't know if that is or isn't going to be an issue. I'll be watching how your's goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

from watching that video, it looks like there is extra plastic all around the frame rails to create a box into the IC.

Kinda ruins my plans too.