Seat Side Bolster Getting Flat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naamanf

Reaction score
Anyone else have the bottom drivers seat side bolster getting flat from getting in and out?

Wonder if it might be covered under warranty.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you must be a big guy like me.wore it out in 14 raptor.17 better but you can see wear in only 6 months.ford says under warranty.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford needs to offer thick quality leather period. My leather is just fine, but it has only been a year. We should not have to worry about how we get in or out of our vehicles today. I'm ok with paying for better quality in general. Listen ford.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My wife, likes to help the local golden retriever rescue and roped me into fostering this knucklehead dog, Henry. This has nothing to do with the truck leather but I’ll get there. Well, we got snow not long after fostering H, and while i’m snow-blowing away she thought it was a great idea to take out the barely controllable, 90# and very, very strong, not socialized dog for some fun in the snow. 10 minutes in, he pulled her legs out from under her, and she landed on her knee. months later she got a partial replacement and compelled me to adopt that stinker, Henry.

Then we bought the Raptor. During post surgery PT, things were fine. after, not so much and she began sliding out of the truck. I think I stopped her in time before she did any real damage but time will tell.

I let her slide for months, no pun intended, but I mentioned to her that I didn’t want to buy a new passenger seat back in January. still seems ok now.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
my driver's seat tore in my 18 at 350 miles. It tore right down the perforations.

For reference, im 6'1, 220. It happened while i was wearing board shorts.

Ford would not cover it under warranty. After a few months, seeing the little piece of clear duct tape that i put on the seat to keep it from tearing began to annoy me.

The replacement seat bottom cover was $160.

They no longer use hog rings, which is fantastic for the DIYer.

It took me about an hour, being super careful, to change out the cover.

I agree that the leather should be a bit tougher. The good news is, it isn't difficult to swap out. I'm not sure what the foam replacement would cost, but the seat construction is pretty modular, so I wouldnt think it is too difficult to do.

LoganR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being 6’1, I can easily slide in and out, but I purposely get in and out using the step for this very reason. It’s not Fords fault that you slide your entire body weight on a piece designed to keep you in the seat.

OP
OP
N

naamanf

Reaction score
Being 6’1, I can easily slide in and out, but I purposely get in and out using the step for this very reason. It’s not Fords fault that you slide your entire body weight on a piece designed to keep you in the seat.

Or they used low grade materials for that part of the seat. It shouldn't go flat with less than a year of use.