cb/HAM radio place?/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello anyone mount a CB radio inside? any pic? don't want to put in the center consl also any ideas on mounting antenna?? LOL no magnet mounts :(

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Following...

I have a Cobra 75WXST I am going to try to install. I like because the microphone is the entire radio minus a smaller part that can be mounted out of sight. Makes for a cleaner install like this (file photos):
fetch

I am hoping to mount an antenna on the back bed area so that it can be unscrewed and less obvious when not in use...

365970d1423165350-cb-antenna-f150-ant-install-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool keep me posted; gonna try to look at ideas this weekend (been working to much) try different ideas. I had a magnet mount on my roof of the LX570 but need something new now cause its aluminum

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's low on my upgrade/accessory list but we have two local CB shops here in town and will have them do the install for me as I want it to look nice and be very discrete

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the groups I wheel with are moving away from CBs altogether to GMRS radios. I don't have one, but on every run that someone hands me one, I can see why. Those little battery operated handheld buggers have way better range and so much simpler (zero install) to use than CBs.

OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes but in long range and hills and valley etc the antenna will help a lot; no more magnet mounts etc was looking for ideas etc sometimes people create good ideas for their own rigs and it may help others