2017 Raptor Twin Panel Moonroof or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What your guys thoughts on the new twin panel moonroof option? Will this be an option of choice for new raptor?

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't decided. All 3 of my vehicles have moon roofs and I open them maybe twice a year. It's nice to have the option I guess even though I never use it.

shakenbake

Reaction score
I've owned two Raptors, a 12 and a 14. Both came with moonroofs - didn't really have an option since those were the only ones available. Every time I think about it and look at the cost I think this wasn't worth it. And then, once in a great while I notice that I'm out in the desert and stand up to see out the damn thing when I stopped and know it was a great way to see a long ways out without having to get out, get in the bed to see.

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After owning one I can't imagine not owning one. Too hot during the day so the cover stays on but that's ok I go out in the evening and the feeling of openness is something I couldn't live without and during the rain it's better than a metal roof. My kid loves it for the car wash when they squirt the birthday party colored foam all over my ride.

Shepherd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm asking myself a lot of these questions right now, too. I've decided against the moon roof at this point to free up space for mounting a shotgun in the overhead. Might do a little to maintain a little bit of torsional rigidity, too.

OP
OP
M

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided that a twin panel moonroof does not belong on an off-road truck plus if you read the f150 forums they tend to rattle. The baja truck excludes it along with giant ford letters on tailgate.

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pano roof? Hell yes! Plus my little one loves to be able to see out when she is in the carseat.