Strut or coil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for the Icon level. This is what the site says "There are two styles of leveling kits available depending on your application. The two types that Icon has to level you truck are coil spring spacers and strut spacers. Both are made out of industrial grade materials". What is the right one?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no clue, but I do know Raptors have coil overs- not struts.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Icon's system uses a collar on the shock to add preload and/or a spacer installed on top of the shock (which one(s) you use depends on the desired outcome).

2017-UP Ford Raptor .5-2.25" Attitude Adjustment Collar | IVD6125B

I am not sure which site you are looking at but it doesn't sound like they know what they're talking about.

You really should be getting this stuff from one of site vendors anyway. This way you can talk to somebody who actually knows Raptors. And you'll probably end up getting better prices, too.

OP
OP
B

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was on "real truck". It's Icons own advertisement. I finally found someone in Houston to install it but they are suggesting the RPG. I want it adjustable so sticking with the Icon

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was on "real truck". It's Icons own advertisement. I finally found someone in Houston to install it but they are suggesting the RPG. I want it adjustable so sticking with the Icon
just know that it is not easily adjustable like the svc kit. It's more optional than adjustable. lol

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RPG has an adjustable one, as well. But Megabass is correct, these aren't really very adjustable. It's not an easy change.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As others have said, there are many options for an adjustable perch collar, but they all are difficult to change and will require another front end alignment, as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter