Stock Springs with Perch Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The issue was the front end being too stiff and also bouncy (too much rebound). He said it reminded him of driving a lifted Chevy, which we can all agree is a nightmare to drive compared to a Raptor. And yes, this was with Deaver +3s and aligned. He also has a Rogue slot delete kit and Icon Delta UCAs so it had to be aligned.

It's true that more guys just throw collars on than go with Geisers - that's easier and cheaper. And that's probably fine if you're going with a 1" collar. Beyond that, though, I think you're way better off with the springs.

I absolutely wouldn't touch a 4" collar. Basically sounds like a poor man's lift to me. Only a lift would probably be better in this case.

Last edited:

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my RPG collars at 2.25 and they will clear BFG KO2 37" and sill ride sweet. If you basic off road, you can do some minor trimming of the plastic wheel liner with a razor knife and be good to go. I personally wouldn't go to 3" on the RPG, only because I like the plush feel of the stock truck. At 2.25 its still 90% the same as stock and sits perfect.

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The issue was the front end being too stiff and also bouncy (too much rebound). He said it reminded him of driving a lifted Chevy, which we can all agree is a nightmare to drive compared to a Raptor. And yes, this was with Deaver +3s and aligned. He also has a Rogue slot delete kit and Icon Delta UCAs so it had to be aligned.

It's true that more guys just throw collars on than go with Geisers - that's easier and cheaper. And that's probably fine if you're going with a 1" collar. Beyond that, though, I think you're way better off with the springs.

I absolutely wouldn't touch a 4" collar. Basically sounds like a poor man's lift to me. Only a lift would probably be better in this case.

I am totally fine with paying more and doing it right the first time. I am not sure why TMX is recommending against the idea, as one of my main criteria is to maintain a comfortable on-road experience since that is where the truck will be 90% of the time.

His comment on the 4" collar was to say others are going an inch past 3" without issues. (Possibly, with drivability concerns)

I have my RPG collars at 2.25 and they will clear BFG KO2 37" and sill ride sweet. If you basic off road, you can do some minor trimming of the plastic wheel liner with a razor knife and be good to go. I personally wouldn't go to 3" on the RPG, only because I like the plush feel of the stock truck. At 2.25 its still 90% the same as stock and sits perfect.

Are you running Deavers +3 at the back?

TMX mentioned having to do some minor trimming on the front wheel well liners and hammering a pinch weld to provide more clearance. I will revisit the height and confirm why he wants to go all the way to 3".

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What's the offset on the wheels you are running?

OP
OP
A

adam p

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I made the decision to go back to stock height. For what I enjoy doing, the stock setting provides the most performance. I'm considering replacing the rear block with a smaller one. I tow our boat on average 10 miles each way and the potential rear sag doesn't bother me. Has anyone replaced the rear block with a smaller one or replaced the leaves that lowered the rear?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I made the decision to go back to stock height. For what I enjoy doing, the stock setting provides the most performance. I'm considering replacing the rear block with a smaller one. I tow our boat on average 10 miles each way and the potential rear sag doesn't bother me. Has anyone replaced the rear block with a smaller one or replaced the leaves that lowered the rear?

You can just get a longer shackle.

https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/shackles-2/

I would still recommend doing this in conjunction with Deaver stock length leaf springs, though. The stock leafs are basically garbage. You would not believe how much better the truck rides and handles and feels more planted with Deavers.

Quick update for the group: my brother got a chance to go on a Raptor run this weekend. He was extremely impressed with the Geisers off road, as were several other Raptor owners who road along. He aired it out a few times and reported only minor clearance issues with the 37s stuffed. Said differently, the fenders are still intact, which is obviously a plus. :ROFLJest:

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quick update for the group: my brother got a chance to go on a Raptor run this weekend. He was extremely impressed with the Geisers off road, as were several other Raptor owners who road along. He aired it out a few times and reported only minor clearance issues with the 37s stuffed. Said differently, the fenders are still intact, which is obviously a plus. :ROFLJest:

Thanks for the update, that is good to hear!

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truckzor can u post the pics of your brother's Raptor from the side again? Thinking of the same set up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter