RPG Level - still off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to do this but I'm afraid that it degrades the performance of the suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dasbury

Reaction score
You don't need to worry about that. Many of us have done it on our gen1 and gen2 trucks, with no material difference. In fact, I like the slightly stiffer front end.

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to worry about that. Many of us have done it on our gen1 and gen2 trucks, with no material difference. In fact, I like the slightly stiffer front end.

Thanks, does it's take away wheel travel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the RPG 1.5 last week and it performed MUCH better off road, and I cant see any negative impacts on road. Very glad I did this. Im curious how a RPG 3.0 rides, and performs.

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the RPG 1.5 last week and it performed MUCH better off road, and I cant see any negative impacts on road. Very glad I did this. Im curious how a RPG 3.0 rides, and performs.

If you had it to do over would you go 3.0? I am starting to lean to just doing that from the start.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a number of ways that people are trying to confirm if the truck is level. I feel the best way is to 1st get the truck on perfectly level ground which is near impossible. Confirm by checking level from hub center to hub center. Then place level on bed rail or running board. I think measuring wheel well lips to hub centers or to ground is deceiving as we're assuming that the wheel well body design was made equal front and back, which may not be.
I'm afraid the collars are going to eventually give a nose up look when we actually load the bed or after these springs settle in a year.
I took a family trip and threw some luggage in the bed and 2 kids in the back seat and the rear end sagged enough to level the truck. With collars it would've been nose high. I think the collars/leveling look great if you're just hauling yourself. A bought a pair but might not use them now? Tough call.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had it to do over would you go 3.0? I am starting to lean to just doing that from the start.

Hard to say, if it gives up on road ride quality, and hurts durability of front end then no...I didn't loose any ride quality with the 1.5s...actually I think it handles better now. If the 3.0s would ride as good at the 1.5s then I would say its worth it. What I dont like about the 3.0s is you loose 3.0 inches of downward stroke vs stock...I have to believe this is going to drastically affect handling, and shock performance. It just wasn't designed to be in that zone of the shock in a neutral state.

rob7765

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The BajaMod Coil Spacer make the truck level. It is a 1" spacer that lifts 2" to make the truck sit level. Measures the same from front to back. https://www.bajamod.com/suspension-detail.php?product_code=BM1014

spacer3.jpg

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid the collars are going to eventually give a nose up look when we actually load the bed or after these springs settle in a year.
I took a family trip and threw some luggage in the bed and 2 kids in the back seat and the rear end sagged enough to level the truck. With collars it would've been nose high. I think the collars/leveling look great if you're just hauling yourself. A bought a pair but might not use them now? Tough call.

I am in the same boat. I have my 1.5" RPG Collar, but have been sitting on them for a few weeks. I don't want the nose high look when loaded. I don't too much mind the rake, I only got them because I plan on 37" and need front clearance. So I may end up doing a 1" block in the rear when I do put on RPG just ensure I don't nose high on load. Still considering..