GEN 2 Need Suggestions: Lowering Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking for a new Raptor detailed in the signature, and had a question I was hoping some of you experts can answer. This will be my first truck ever, so talk slow and clearly, I'm not familiar with slang terms you all have been speaking about for years! Case in point - SCAB / SCREW, you know how long that took me to figure out?

Anyways, I have a dilemma: I drive through disaster sites for work and my lowered BMW sedan has just not worked out for me, big surprise. It does work out great when driving into my parking garage for work in downtown Charlotte. I'm rarely there, but when I am, I've noticed that the height limit is 6'6", or 78" and the 2017 Raptor is 78.5" factory. I don't know that I need 35" tires exactly, so that was my first thought - drop down to 33" and call it a day. The other thought was leveling kits and I don't know exactly how much I could get out of one and if that was only for the rear, which may not help enough for getting into this garage.

If this was you, what would you do? Answers like "buy a base F-150" don't apply, I want the Raptor, I need it for the rest of my job, just for the times that I need to stop in to the office, I am possibly going to run into the ceiling. HELP! :biggrin: and thanks in advance.

OP
OP
KryptosXLayer2

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The height limit may say 78" but it may allow for a few more. Measure to see exactly how low the low points in your structure really are.

I have the garage management doing that for me and emailing me with specifics. They have a height minder that (should be) 6'6" as the warning on the bar states, however I think the issue isn't necessarily getting in or out (out is nearly 20 foot openings), rather going to the part of the garage where I would need to park this long truck compared to what everyone else drives might be. They will be getting back to me soon about it, but you're right, it may just be a precaution thing so people don't bring their ladder vans in the entrance....

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Company pays for my parking, and everywhere in downtown Charlotte, it's $300/month minimum to park, so.... that doesn't work either!

Holy Shit $300 a month...............LMAO

Have you ever been to NYC, $300 might get you a week in a ****** garage in a part of town you don't want to be in!!!

Anyway the stock BFG KO2s 34.41" Tall so there not true 35", so to speak.
A drop down shackle for the rear leaf springs will lower the truck.
And if research this forum you find many have done so to get the rake out of the truck and have it ride level.

Last edited:

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not my thing, but I really would like to see a dropped down “urban assault build” from one of the Starbuck peeps with deep pockets.

Imagine
Big Michelin Defender LTX tires
Drop it down lower
Big turbos and tune the shit out of a Gen 2 within an inch of the engines life

D

Deleted member 12951

Company pays for my parking, and everywhere in downtown Charlotte, it's $300/month minimum to park, so.... that doesn't work either!

Have your company pay you for what it cost to park in the garage and put that towards the $300 month parking fee to not park there. You own a raptor, stop complaining about $300 and just consider its the cost to own a raptor since you don't want anything else. This is your choice.

You can get longer rear shackles to lower the rear but most likely won't help the cab enough. You are left with letting the air out of your tires and just carry a compressor with you. I have the Smittybilt one that is rated for 5.65 CFM and is about $160. Anything else you do will ruin this truck.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'm going to be mildly serious here against my better judgement...

This is an option you could look into if you feel like spending some cash, but still having a capable, good looking, off-road truck while fitting into most any garage.

The Ultimate Fun Haver - Speedhunters