How NOT to setup your bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as I saw national springs, I was like, oh lord,

After watching, I'm going out this weekend to check/video my setup out (Deavers so no worry).

I notice my driver side zip tie is indicating full compression or maybe 80% full, and the passenger bump is at like 70%. Makes you want to see it in action.

Last edited:

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this case is the spring the issue or is it the bump stop? How would you go about adjusting that bump? It looks like the RPG kit which is not adjustable.

OP
OP
Predator

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet those leafs were sacked out causing the negative arch. Bumpkit not at fault on this one. National is out of business and Deaver is in a league of their own for good reason.

No question Deaver is the industry leader. However, it looks like the Bump Kit isn't low enough to properly engage the bump plate until it's too late. As a result, the leafs repeatedly slap the frame throughout the video. Is there something I am missing here?

On a side note, someone at Deaver recently shared with me that Ford uses their leaf springs on all of their Baja race trucks, and that early on, Ford had serious interest in making them a factory option on the Gen 2 Raptors, but Ford decided to squash that idea last minute. Maybe this isn't new news to some but was to me so I wanted to share. Either way, Deavers will be on my truck soon!

Last edited: