37" Tire/Wheel combos - whats working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrap

Reaction score
When we were changing to 20's on mine, we test fit a 37" on the factory wheel. It barely clears, lock to lock. I did not drive on it, but would guess there will be rubbing on the inner liner under any kind of front suspension load.

Attachments

• raptor37.jpg
    raptor37.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 329
  • raptor37-1.jpg
    raptor37-1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 317

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 37x12.5 Ridge Grapplers. Both tires rubbed on 3/4 turn in the lower inner wheel well even with my 1.5" RPG preload collars. I had minor rubbing on the passenger side and constant rubbing on the drivers side with RPG 1.5" collars installed.

Instead of drastic trimming, I decided to lift the front another 1.5" with ReadyLift 1.5" spacer. I did the ready lift collar instead of more preload because I didn't want the springs any stiffer. This eliminated all rubbing. I propose my front is now 2.7" higher than stock as the preload RPG collar isn't really 1.5" raise.

In order to prevent the nose high look, I had to have the rear up ~1.75". I accomplished this with adding a leaf to the leaf springs. I now have 5 leafs instead of 4. The adding a leaf serves many benefits. It returns an optimal rake that I like, the back is 1" higher than front. It prevents sag upon heavy loads as I have more haul capacity now. It has more progressive load handling. And, it keeps similar riding characteristics as the new leaf is the same light gauge steel and added the 3rd leaf down instead of the second.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In order to prevent the nose high look, I had to have the rear up ~1.75". I accomplished this with adding a leaf to the leaf springs. I now have 5 leafs instead of 4. The adding a leaf serves many benefits. It returns an optimal rake that I like, the back is 1" higher than front.

It prevents sag upon heavy loads as I have more haul capacity now. It has more progressive load handling. And, it keeps similar riding characteristics as the new leaf is the same light gauge steel and added the 3rd leaf down instead of the second.

Sounds great. Glad to see suspension design and making improvements is as simple as adding a leaf. :crazy:

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20171224_145441.jpgNot too sure if it was simple... More like frugal, didn't want to go 1k+ for Deavers. Plus, had to gamble on placement of the leaf. Most shops want to put leaf in second spot and didn't want to order the light gauge steel.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys just an update installed RPG stage 3 with deaver +3 and it looks great! Plus the deavers made the truck very stable!!!392f3f9f0224417332b9a3dd5c26c0a2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Did you add rear bump stops from the aftermarket or just the deaver +3?

apeezie289

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you add rear bump stops from the aftermarket or just the deaver +3?
I went with both RPG bumps and Deaver +3 . The truck handles much much better with this set up and the 2.25" collars

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk