Possible upgrades tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I’m getting the 5 star tune, spd turbo adapters, afe cai, afe down pipes... tell me good or bad ... my 18 is currently stock

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve read it’s good but I have no first hank knowledge of any of it since I don’t have it.. do you have any of these parts

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Looking for people that have them installed or did.. I understand this forum is 90 pct trolls and trash I’m just looking for the other 10 pct.. thanks

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Oh I haven’t ordered anything, everything is at the performance shop. I don’t have to get any of it or may get some or all

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 Star tune has good and bad reviews rest of the stuff is good if like afe the spd adaptors are a known improvement ... I believe the kooks downpipes May be better ....

Also hit me with the info to get the geiser front springs for the gen 2

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bryan that fell thru, wasn’t able to get them and now just decided not to even worry bout trying to get them springs. They don’t wanna sell them it seems

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I’m getting the 5 star tune, spd turbo adapters, afe cai, afe down pipes... tell me good or bad ... my 18 is currently stock

You should do well with this setup.

I would not go with 5 Star though. I had them first as did several other members... and they don’t know how to tune the transmission and their power falls off in the upper RPM range.

MPT is a better tune.

The downpipes and SPD adapters will sound better for you with the stock catbacks. They won’t add any significant horsepower unfortunately. The CAI, downpipes and SPD adapters will be lucky to net you 15.

The tune is your real gain.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has mpt releases their tune yet for the 2018s? I can always change over to them down the road if needed. I read good things of it on 2017s. Yea I’m hoping the dp and adapters add alittle more sound mainly. I’m really not interested in changing exhaust due to reading so many buying and then making it to loud. I don’t ever want any drone while driving on interstate.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 star did weird things to my truck.

Including a weird surge and malfunctioning of the adaptive cruise control.

Their shift logic was not drivable in performance mode and in street tune was not even worth tuning.

MPt will be ready in a couple weeks... else go with whipple