Gibson has shipped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Gibson exhaust are on the way.

If they come in tomorrow I'll have them mounted by the end of the week.

I'm really hoping there isn't any significant drone as promised.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to your review. I do have a feeling that it will, unfortunately, drone. The full kit drops the resonator and I think that gives you more sound, but probably a bit of drone as well...

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will find out! It came in today.

I just loaded it up in the truck. It'll go to the shop on Friday for install!

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Gibson exhaust did arrive. The box was banged up. It doesn't look like it was packaged very well. Two areas the box was ripped and pieces of exhaust were protruding.

I'm mildly concerned... from what I can see it is raw stainless steel tubing, what you'd expect.
I did not open th box further. I picked up all 90 lbs and put in the back of the truck and dropped it all off at the shop.

I'm hoping I don't get a call tomorrow that it's dented, bent or cracked.

If all goes well I'll have a report on it tomorrow

Supertuner700

Reaction score
Mine showed up today and my box was damaged all over the place also. The tips are packaged good. I had one small dent on a muffler but nothing I'm going to worry about. I had to cut off 1/2' from the front straight mid pipe otherwise the bell wouldn't line up. It was a bear to get some of the pipes lined up. I had to unbolt the hangers...get the pipe in place and then put the hangers back in. I didn't install the tips yet because I need to pull it outside and see how everything lines up. Sounds good and pipe have very nice bends to them. No test drive yet.
For those you you wondering the resonator is a flow thru design.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to your review. I do have a feeling that it will, unfortunately, drone. The full kit drops the resonator and I think that gives you more sound, but probably a bit of drone as well...

Ok....

Sounds great at an idle. You can't believe how much better.

Driving it... uhhhh... I'm not sure yet. I literally just picked it up.

It's LOUD. When you crack the throttle... it's LOUD.

I need to drive it around to give a final impression.

Supertuner700

Reaction score
I'm not noticing any drone. I feel it does a great job of taking the sound out the back and keeping the cabin not too loud ( I can still hear the turbo's). Then again I ran for a week with just the resonator in place!

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a limited time behind the wheel with it.

There is "drone" if you're lugging during a slow acceleration, but I have no had any issues at any driving speed so far. I've not done highway.

I think I need to disable the augmentation of sound with FORScan... it doesn't need it any more that's for sure