Exhaust!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our Gen 2 Raptor kit will be launching very shortly and is why I decided to snag one of these awesome trucks myself.

It'll be available in two materials. A T409 black coated version and a T304 version (also with BLK tips.

Our kit is a little late to market due to having to build a new Muffler design from the ground up in order to get the sound we desired. MBRP has been huge EcoBoost fans since the beginning so we threw a lot of resources at this kit.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
What type of sound were you designing for? Kudos to MBRP for taking the time to make a muffler specific for this engine to help its sound.

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Trying to keep as much of the sonically "low" frequency as possible while still increasing the volume the system could handle. What happened was needing to create a hybrid kind of Muffler a little different than what we use on our regular F150 kits. The end result was a part that shared more commonality with some of our muscle car products rather than our truck products.

Sound is a very subjective thing so catering to the masses is often taken by going for a middle of the road approach. With the Raptor all we kept hearing was that existing kits weren't low or deep enough. So we tried to get just that aspect for a hole left in the market.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard a couple with aftermarket exhaust systems on the road and they sounded pretty darn bad in my opinion. The stock one sounds good to me for now until someone releases something that catches my ear.