Engine Break-in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sQuid

Reaction score
Sport mode does help. I hate that it alway switches me back into 2wd though. I run it in 4A most of the time. Seems like sport mode should default to that so you don’t spin your wheels off the line.

Hoping forscan can change that.

Would love it if it would save Sport mode as the default setting... I forget to set it and I drive off and normal mode is just too damn sluggish

I bought at 24 miles... have 260 now and it seems to be shifting a little better and more performance, will see.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When are you guys doing your first oil changes?

Big old thread on this topic somewhere. Lots of differing views from 500 miles to 10k. And lots of heated arguments in between.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never babied any of my trucks. I drive normal. When I feel like flooring it i always have. Never followed any break in period. I got my first oil change on my 17 at 5000 because it was free. From here on out though it will be when the truck tells me a certain percentage.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love it if it would save Sport mode as the default setting... I forget to set it and I drive off and normal mode is just too damn sluggish

I bought at 24 miles... have 260 now and it seems to be shifting a little better and more performance, will see.

If you set the steering only it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never babied any of my trucks. I drive normal. When I feel like flooring it i always have. Never followed any break in period. I got my first oil change on my 17 at 5000 because it was free. From here on out though it will be when the truck tells me a certain percentage.

To be clear, my OP has nothing to do with babying my truck. I don’t baby it either. I drive it how I want. I was just curious if it got faster as the engine broke in.

So far it seems to have picked up a little, or I could just be imagining it, but I don’t think I am.

I’m definitely happy with it, other than the sound. Hopefully they come out with a V8. When they do, I will be buying one.

I won’t keep it long enough to care about long term reliability, so I’m not going to get too hung up on exactly when I do oil changes either. Will probably just let the computer tell me.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some baby there truck during the break in period, did not mean to say you were babying yours. Just have fun with it, I will be doing the same as you. Will get the next one when ford comes out with a decent refresh.