Downpipe’s and turbo adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So before I buy I want I need to get you guys opinion, whether you have it installed or not is fine with me. I promise you know more about than me. I been thinking of getting kooks downpipe and spd turbo adapters on my 2018. My questions are these.

1. Will it set off any codes?
2. What kind of performance gains will it add?
3. What u think it will do to the exhaust sound if any?
4. Do you think it’s worth me actually buying and putting on?

I ask ya this because I do want performance gains and wouldn’t mind it being alittle more loud but not obnoxious. I don’t plan on changing the muffler system or anything else. Just turbo adapters and downpipes only. I don’t wanna waste money if it’s not worth it or is gonna have me running to exhaust shops everyday having different things installed trying to fix the sound. Thanks for any input you can provide me with. I wish someone had done this setup already but I don’t think so. Seems all have changed the whole exhaust system

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most likely any aftermarket downpipe will throw a code - the ECM is calibrated for the OEM downpipe and cats. You can mess around with O2 spacers but that is a PITA IMO and they don't always work. If you plan to tune the truck, the CEL from the new dp could (should) be coded out meaning no CEL light. As for performance, it depends on how much less restrictive the new cats are. If I had to guess, with a stock tune you may gain 20hp or so. With a tune that take advantage of the freer flowing dp's the gains would be more.