Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, that is profoundly bad form. Returns and reimbursements - full reimbursements, no silly shipping, restocking or other “recoup money for me being dishonest” fees applied, should be authorized for any Raptor owner who asks.

cw1.jpg

cw2.jpg

https://www.chipwerke.com/product/f...rke-performance-chip-tuning-piggyback-system/

The chipwerke website still shows the Raptor as a compatible vehicle and it’s pretty clear from every user here, it’s not.

Do the right thing here.

slashrules

Reaction score
That’s very disappointing. Before marketing this as usable on a Raptor or compatible with it, some actual testing should have been done.

to my military mind, tracking down a Raptor should have been done first before selling to the Raptor community.

Do the instructions that come with the unit indicate that the settings should be either D/1 or E/1 for Raptors?? I didn’t see anything in the posted copy of the install instructions.

No, in fact, mine did not come with any instructions.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#fail

Attachments

• 08B27842-FC45-4796-B163-8DD0C6621645.png
    08B27842-FC45-4796-B163-8DD0C6621645.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 43

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
If anyone wants the email for my Vitalen (Chipwerke manufacturer) contact in Turkey shoot me a PM. They're very responsive to concerns.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the whOLE JMS boostmax JMS pedal max because that was the first thing that came out before the tunes were available.

It was so inferior to my current tune, but it was better than stock and I had no wrench issues.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

1-1, 2-1, and 3-1 settings are for the F150 Ecoboost ONLY.

Raptors should be on D-1 (for 91 oct) or E-1 (for 93 oct).

From the logs we have been given, and the limited information provided on them, its impossible to pinpoint where the issues lie. WOT logs, cruising, cruise control, etc. I see timing spike and boost drop in the middle of every pull, with Chipwerke and without Chipwerke.

I am attempting to track down a Raptor to see if I can experience the problems you guys are having.

Is this correct D-1 for 91 or E-1 for 93????
Has anyone tried this?
Mine is still on 1-1 with no issues recently.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

So they are now saying E-1 setting for 93 octane and D-1 for 91 octane. Transcript of my chat from their website below.

Joel
You (change name)
what setting should I have the chipwerke in for 93 octane in a ford raptor?
17:51
Hello
E-1
You (change name)
how about 91?
That would be D-1
You (change name)
thanks man. i am on 1-1. i guess lots of people are having issues but mine seems to be working.
That's interesting 1-1 is what we tested out on the F-150 but it seemed too high for the raptor
You (change name)
you guys are getting killed on the raptor forum...too many people with issues. I will try this out
Yea, unfortunately, it was a miscalculation on our part but if your doing good on 1-1 hey more power to you
You (change name)
so on E-1 how much more horsepower might I get in theory?
Between 45 to 55 hp
You (change name)
did you guys test it on a raptor yet?
Not yet, we are trying to get one in though hopefully in the upcoming weeks
You (change name)
good luck and thanks
No problem

Relimb11

Reaction score
I changed my setting down to d-1 due to only 91 octane available,no issues at this point but it's only been 2 days with only 30 miles.no bucking and surging or funny shifts as when I had it on 1-1. Definitely not as much power on d-1 vs 1-1 on butt dyno.still would not recommend due to the crappy customer service and not forth coming of actual info of f150 vs raptor settings FWIW

freddyfcs

Reaction score
I’ve changed mine to E1 and so far is better,actually way better..On normal mode 2H and traction on no bucking or anything. Didn’t tried on sport yet because it’s been snowing over the weekend and the raptor isn’t my daily.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dropped mine down to E-1 to prevent any issues. I haven't driven it yet though.