CAI problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sellerc

Reaction score
Installed the Whipple CAI tonight and now my truck is throwing an engine coolant temperature code (PO116). Any ideas what it takes to fix this?

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install the sensor into the intake correctly or did it somehow get unhooked?

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a weird code to throw, since cai doesnt touch the cooling system.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
make sure the air temp sensor is pushed all the way in. It may seem like it but sometimes its not blocking are flow to it. Mine started throwing codes also.

OP
OP
S

sellerc

Reaction score
CAI

Double and triple checked the sensor and couldn't get it to go in any further, looks like a good seal. Put the OEM intake back on last night late and truck is fine this morning.... no idea what the problem could be.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
These trucks are so damn sensitive. Clear the cam (disconnect the battery) and drive it hard. You could try reinstalling at same time. They are so adaptive now its redic. They sense every little change. I logged mine, checked factory tune and my torque table are set very low so any piggy back modules set my wrench light off. Tune is the only way I can go.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone educate me on ait sensor causing coolant temp codes? If ait is disconnected or the signal is off, why would it throw Ct code?

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Installed the Whipple CAI tonight and now my truck is throwing an engine coolant temperature code (PO116). Any ideas what it takes to fix this?
When Whipple installed my CAI it poped a few codes. I took it to Whipple and they had fixed in no time.
Your best bet is to call them (559) 442 - 1261 and they should be able to walk you through it.
Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter