Afe cai

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How on Earth you get 15-16mpg on your truck? ITs my second truck and I get 11.3 average with pedal commander CAI and no tune this time around.
You are 62yo may be that has something to do with it? lol

Oh, ya had to play the age card! ;)

I promise, that's the mpg I consistently get. I've gotten under 10 pulling U-Haul's biggest tandem wheel trailer across country, and I've gotten in the 20's in a day of descending out of the Rockies, but overall it's consistently 15.5 to 16.0. (Better in the summer because the winter gas formula has a little bit less energy.)

My experience with this vehicle (5+ years, 85,000 miles, and multiple trips to move from Alabama to Nevada) is that there is one and only one fuel saving feature: the driver's right foot. If that's an age thing, I'll gladly own up to it. Also, the Raptor hauls better than it tows in my opinion.

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered this today. Problem is the nearest dyno is 45 minutes away and I may not get a before and after for it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Save your money on dyno runs, @Scrappy Doo. If there's any difference at all, it'll be at wide open throttle where you spend very little time. Secondly, most dyno runs are done with the hood up. That's not how you drive your truck, of course, and it will produce unrealistic results with an open top CAI.

Just take satisfaction that when you do a passing maneuver deep into the throttle, your truck will perform.

Last edited:

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save your money on dyno runs, @Scrappy Doo. If there's any difference at all, it'll be at wide open throttle where you spend very little time. Secondly, most dyno runs are done with the hood up. That's not how you drive your truck, of course, and it will produce unrealistic results with an open top CAI.

Just take satisfaction that when you do a passing maneuver deep into the throttle, your truck will perform.

Yup. Thanks.

808to408

Reaction score
Unless there are dyno numbers , it’s all opinion. I had a forced induction car dynoed same day with and without a CAI and got 21 hp at wheels. It all depends on the car, how restrictive the factory box is, factory tuning flexibility, erc..