Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these come with any kind of window tint when ordering direct from Ford?

I am going to get my two front windows tinted as soon as I get my truck. I was told by two separate local tint shops that I will need to go with 20% to match the rear and rear side windows which are already tinted from the factory.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume as regular F150s, rear and back are colored glass but no real "tint" to them ie no heat rejection

Most put a clear ceramic on the rear/backs and then tint the fronts to match

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to get my two front windows tinted as soon as I get my truck. I was told by two separate local tint shops that I will need to go with 20% to match the rear and rear side windows which are already tinted from the factory.
Just fyi Ohio has a 50% limit on front windows, i have 20% on my current truck and have been pulled over several times in OH for it. I will say, 35% is going to probably be a closer match to the factory rear windows, and a LOT easier to see out of on rainy nights. If you do 20 up front i bet you'll end up adding more to the rear to compensate. Ymmv. Hope this helps

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just fyi Ohio has a 50% limit on front windows, i have 20% on my current truck and have been pulled over several times in OH for it. I will say, 35% is going to probably be a closer match to the factory rear windows, and a LOT easier to see out of on rainy nights. If you do 20 up front i bet you'll end up adding more to the rear to compensate. Ymmv. Hope this helps

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. I am aware of the tint regulations and have a Corvette with 35% that looks really good. Maybe I have been lucky, but so far I haven't been bothered by a cop and the car is ten years old. The only reason I was going with 20 was to match the other windows. If 35% is a better match, then I will definitely do that. It would be nice if somebody could definitively tell us how dark we need to go to get a perfect match. It seems that there is a lot of conflicting opinions.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I am aware of the tint regulations and have a Corvette with 35% that looks really good. Maybe I have been lucky, but so far I haven't been bothered by a cop and the car is ten years old. The only reason I was going with 20 was to match the other windows. If 35% is a better match, then I will definitely do that. It would be nice if somebody could definitively tell us how dark we need to go to get a perfect match. It seems that there is a lot of conflicting opinions.

On my 2015, Pinnacle 15% was a great match to the rears

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2015, Pinnacle 15% was a great match to the rears

Thanks for the feedback. So I was told 20 by 2 local shops, you say 15 matches perfectly, and somebody else suggested 35. I will compare the rear windows to my Corvette when I get the truck and that should help me make my final decision. So far nothing with this Raptor has been simple.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. So I was told 20 by 2 local shops, you say 15 matches perfectly, and somebody else suggested 35. I will compare the rear windows to my Corvette when I get the truck and that should help me make my final decision. So far nothing with this Raptor has been simple.

That's somewhat expected

Different tint materials, brands, etc all make it look different - that's why I listed my brand but best thing is to have the shop match it once they physically have the truck