Used Raptor Registration CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ice

Reaction score
Hello Brothers. New guy here in the Los Angeles area, just received my used 17 raptor from Michigan! However, I'll be registering the vehicle on my own.

I've already gotten the truck smogged, but do I also need to have the vehicle weighed and inspected by the DMV? Anything else I need to have done prior to waiting half a day in line?

Apologies for the ignorance, and thank you!

dogtag

Reaction score
You have to get it weighed and inspected and pay all the money and you good to go!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you know if a AAA employee can do this instead?

Yes. I registered my new Raptor at AAA... they just come out to look at the CARB sticker in the engine bay. Not sure exactly where you are but there is a weigh station at 5244 W Jefferson Blvd.

OP
OP
I

Ice

Reaction score
Yes. I registered my new Raptor at AAA... they just come out to look at the CARB sticker in the engine bay. Not sure exactly where you are but there is a weigh station at 5244 W Jefferson Blvd.

wait so you skipped the DMV entirely?

OP
OP
I

Ice

Reaction score
Triple A can register the truck if you bought the car from a private party.

I bought my truck brand new from Team Ford in Vegas and Triple A said since its from dealer they cant register it and that I have to go to the DMV.

Call your local Triple A office

I called the general customer service hotline and they said they would be able to do everything EXCEPT the vehicle verification. I'll try and get in contact with the local office