GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dakotawoopass

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea, on the time frame, from the time the VIN is produced until the vehicle would be expected to arrive?

My vin was created in final week of March.

Last edited:

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just observing on here Ive seen a week to a month or so under regular circumstances
(no ramp 59 issues or post train shipment holding yard exceptions)

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea, on the time frame, from the time the VIN is produced until the vehicle would be expected to arrive?

My vin was created in final week of March.

I received my VIN March 3rd, with an ETA of April 24....which has just been revised to April 29. It is highly variable, but 60 days is possible.

theman1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VIN is generated about a month before build date.

Window sticker is posted about one week before build date (mine showed today!!)

Delivery seems to be 10-30 days after build date depending on variables. Obviously, if there is a problem found after build, the delivery date could go up by wayyyyyy more :(

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a order in since feb 3. I'm getting concerned with the 2018 order banks opening up soon in may. My question is after order banks are opened are they still going to be pulling 17? Or if my order doesn't get pulled by the time the 18's ordering starts am I going have to wait for a 18?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a order in since feb 3. I'm getting concerned with the 2018 order banks opening up soon in may. My question is after order banks are opened are they still going to be pulling 17? Or if my order doesn't get pulled by the time the 18's ordering starts am I going have to wait for a 18?

If I remember the dates correctly there are 2 months between MY18 banks opening, end of MY17 production, and start of MY18 production. One would hope that Ford could project correct production within those two months, so that if you're left without a vehicle for MY17 you could roll your order for MY18 at the open of MY18 banks opening. But something tells me that's not the case.

Edit: I would also hope that Ford would extend the complimentary Raptor Assault Course to those that had an order for MY17 into their MY18 order. But that has a snow ball's chance in hell.

Last edited:

MKomertz

Reaction score
My order was delayed a week. Pushed to May 14th, with a finish on 5/20. Deliver 10 days later. Expected. We'll see

travis1978

Reaction score
My was ordered Feb 11 th. Window sticker generated two weeks ago. Now is on a train. Expected at dealer inNebraska on May 6th. I am excited.