GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Life and Times of a Raptor Order....Part Deux

7/18/16 - Contacted Dealer and got on List holding spot for PreOrder #1
7/22/16 - Placed order with Dealer
7/22/16 - Dealer placed order in Ford System
7/24/16 - Order accepted by Ford, provided Order Number
11/21/16 (Today) - Nada!!! No delivery ETA, no news, no nothing...LOL

I'm starting to wonder if it will ever happen!

You and me both....
Except for a 6 day difference im in the same exact boat man. WTF

Reaction score
Just ordered mine today, ugh can't wait already. It's gonna be a long wait. 2500 over MSRP after some tough negotiations and got the last allocation. Was calling around all week. Some markups as high as 25000 (Koons ford, Baltimore MD)

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine today, ugh can't wait already. It's gonna be a long wait. 2500 over MSRP after some tough negotiations and got the last allocation. Was calling around all week. Some markups as high as 25000 (Koons ford, Baltimore MD)

Good deal for Koons. They are usually high as hell. Mine was built 10/29 waiting for train. Ordered from Elkton Ford @ MSRP. CONGRATS and the wait is LONG!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Life and Times of a Raptor Order....Part Deux

7/18/16 - Contacted Dealer and got on List holding spot for PreOrder #1
7/22/16 - Placed order with Dealer
7/22/16 - Dealer placed order in Ford System
7/24/16 - Order accepted by Ford, provided Order Number
11/21/16 (Today) - Nada!!! No delivery ETA, no news, no nothing...LOL

I'm starting to wonder if it will ever happen!

I got the luxury of being skipped over by a fella I brought to the dealer a month after my order.
Thanks ford! I told the dealer if I didn't like them so much I'd tell Ford to take a hike. I was hoping he would tell me "I'll find someone else to buy it", but that never happened. I may opt out of buying this raptor. Sure, someone else may take my spot but it won't be Ford getting my money...possibly ever again. If it weren't for a future gt500, I'd be telling Ford to KMRRA

Last edited:

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm so tired of waiting now I'm tired of thinking about because it only leads back to biotching about it all over again. I think when I pick it up it's gonna be like oh finally? The excitement got lost in the waiting game. Lol

iumbastu

Reaction score
This might be repetitive so I apologize but trying to read all 141 pages of this thread while working, is a bit daunting. Can someone please provide the decorder ring so I can tell if my dealer actually had ordered the unit I have a deposit on for the last month or so.
10/11/16 - Placed order with Dealer
10/25/16 - Dealer indicated order placed in Ford System
Any way to tell if the order is accepted, VIN has been created or at a minimum an Order Number have been created?

Appreciate the input in advance. If anyone is interested in a low mileage 2014 Raptor SCRW with 12K miles loaded, let me know (BLK w/ BLK/Blue trim.)

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be repetitive so I apologize but trying to read all 141 pages of this thread while working, is a bit daunting. Can someone please provide the decorder ring so I can tell if my dealer actually had ordered the unit I have a deposit on for the last month or so.
10/11/16 - Placed order with Dealer
10/25/16 - Dealer indicated order placed in Ford System
Any way to tell if the order is accepted, VIN has been created or at a minimum an Order Number have been created?

Appreciate the input in advance. If anyone is interested in a low mileage 2014 Raptor SCRW with 12K miles loaded, let me know (BLK w/ BLK/Blue trim.)

Call or facebook Ford Performance with your name, order number, dealer number and they can give you updates

Titaniumbrian

Reaction score
TFL Truck finally has a statement of sorts from Ford.

Over 15,000 2017 Ford F-150s with 3.5L EcoBoost and 10-Speed Are Held at the Factory for Retrofits - The Fast Lane Truck

Says in part:

We have now achieved (OK-to-Buy) OKTB on the vehicles below, retails will now begin scheduling/shipping.
17MY Raptor and F-150 with 3.5L EcoBoost Engine/10R Transmission received OKTB at Dearborn and Kansas City Assembly Plants. Please note that there are a number of retrofits that need to be completed post OKTB, so it will take some time to draw down the inventory (15,000+ units). The plants will be doing everything they can to prioritize retail orders and draw down the inventory by the end of the year.

iumbastu

Reaction score
Call or facebook Ford Performance with your name, order number, dealer number and they can give you updates

Perfect suggestion. My current order status is:

11/22/16: Unscheduled clean is the status of the raptor on order XXXX

So - I guess i get to wait and envy all of you guys with VIN's.

Any estimates on how long I will be holding on waiting for the next move from the current status of 'unscheduled clean'. Good post on the OKTB - good news for all.