Transmission fill level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aschnell

Reaction score
Unfortunately had to have my front end worked on and the transmission cooler was replaced. I am trying to figure out what the actual fill level is on our transmission. I had a helm manual ( misplaced the cd, why no paper manuals?) But it seems the fill procedure may have changed over time. Found two docs that show two different levels on the dipstick. One says in the middle of B (higher) the other at the top of C (lower). Sounds like they may have revised fill levels.

Found this on some posts about their transmission pin recall

SSM 46835 - 2017 F-150/Raptor - 10R80 - Revised Transmission Fluid Level Setting - Built On Or Before 25-Jun-2017

Some 2017 F-150/Raptor vehicles equipped with a 10R80 transmission and built on or before 25-Jun-2017 have a revised transmission fluid level setting. Workshop Manual has been updated. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM) Section, 307-01.

So even if I could find my WSM I wouldn't even trust the info in there. Anybody have the updated info on this? It would also be nice if they would tell you capacity between marks on the dipstick, would make things so much faster.

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
A

aschnell

Reaction score
There is a plug on the passenger side of the transmission, you unscrew that and there is a small plastic dip stick inside. You have to remove the skid plate to access it.
There is not a typical dip stick like with the oil. You have to crawl under or usea lift.
Basically looking to see if somebody has access to the latest version of the service manual.