Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was spending $60k+ on an 802A equipped truck, it would be difficult not to check the tech pack box. Adaptive cruise control/collision mitigation is a nice feature if it works.

However if you're trying to save money and going 801A or 800A you could easily live without all that stuff (99% of people do).

Husker

Reaction score
Not that I matter but I select just about every option offered, even ones I don't think I'll be using.

On the cooling seats, I hope they cool the back. On my 15 Mustang they only cool the butt not the back!!

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I matter but I select just about every option offered, even ones I don't think I'll be using.

On the cooling seats, I hope they cool the back. On my 15 Mustang they only cool the butt not the back!!

They cool the back bit for me in my '13. I can't do without that option, that's for sure.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise on my '15 F150 is AMAZING and I thought I read that the new trucks will have adaptive cruise to 0mph meaning it will work in stop and go traffic which is also amazing. Lane keeping is a huge PITA and annoying where we drive and even on the freeway it acts more like a bowling ball with lane bumpers - it just deflects from side to side. Maybe the 17 will work better, hopefully so.

Found it - What is Ford's Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go Technology

I just tweeted Mike Levine to see if he'll answer but I also asked him last week about gear ratios on the trucks but no answer yet.

I have the stop and go adaptive cruise control on my '15 Audi Q7 and it's awesome. One of the coolest new features in auto technology. Glad to see it will be on my Raptor too :)

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are all of the features of the 802a package?

- 4.10 Front-Axle w/Torsen® Differential
- 10-way Power Driver and Passenger Seats with Heat/Cooled and Memory (Power Lumbar Passenger) - Cooled is 802 exclusive
- 360-degree Camera
- Advanced Security Pack (incl. SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) and Inclination / Intrusion Sensors) 802 Exclusive
- Ambient Lighting 802 Exlcusive
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert and Trailer - Tow Monitoring (BLIS® sensor in taillamp)
- Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC) 802 Exclusive
- SYNC® Connect
- Inflatable Rear Safety Belts (Crew Only)
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- LED Box Lighting
- LED Side-mirror Spotlights (with High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps
- Memory System (Seat, Pedal, Exterior Mirror)
- Intelligent Access with push-button start 802 Exclusive
- Power-folding, Power Glass Sideview Mirrors with Heat, Turn Signal, Memory, Auto-Dimming Feature (Driver's Side), High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps. Body-color Skull Caps
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column with Memory 802 Exclusive
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist
- Remote Start System with Remote Tailgate Release
- Sony® Single-CD with HD Radio™ and SiriusXM® Radio 802 Exclusive
- Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO) 802 Exclusive
- Voice-activated Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® w/five (5) years of service in the 48 Contiguous United States and D.C