Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had the the alert come on a couple dozen times, mostly when coming up on turning cars and never had it brake for me. Maybe my aggressive driving hasn't scared the truck enough to have it brake for me.

But to be honest, if these turning cars didn't get out of the way, I don't think there was enough room for the system to stop by itself without hitting the car in front. With such late braking it seems like all it would do is lessen the severity of the impact.

It brakes very late, much later than you would think. Even having experienced it I don't trust it to work. That said, the 'brake pumping' feature works extremely well, the truck shuts down no time flat when you really need it to.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So back on the topic of “is tech package worth it”

Today was day 2 of ownership of my 2018 with tech package. My thoughts:

Lane keep/departure - I can do without. It was helpful the first couple dozen miles as I’ve never driven a vehicle nearly this wide but once I got comfortable with the truck it became more of a nuesance. It often times reads imperfections in the asphalt as the edge of your lane triggering a “correction” or an alert depending on how you have it set.

Auto high beam - I didn’t think it would be very useful, more gimmicky than anything but I actually find it quite helpful and it’s a pretty intelligent setup. It only activates the high beams when going down poorly lit roads and it’s very quick to react to oncoming traffic or when approaching a vehicle in front of you at which point it turns high beams off then back on again as soon as it’s clear.

Rain sensing wipers - I’ve had this feature in all my cars since late 2005 and it’s the reason I optioned my raptor with tech package. I hate constantly fiddling with my wiper speed, nuff said there.

Adaptive Cruise - first time I’ve had this feature in a car and it’s freaking awesome. I was (and still am) in the “I like to drive my own car” club but even with my limited time with it, I can tell this feature is priceless on those days/nights when you’re just too fatigued to really enjoy the drive and just want to get home.

So is it worth it? I personally think it is.

Last edited: