Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bit high on price but totally worth it imho. I drive a couple of 1600 mile trips and now I can't believe I almost ordered without it.

kingshredd

Reaction score
The adaptive cruise control would have been the only reason I would have ordered it. The rest of the features I don't need, so I passed. We have adaptive cruise on our explorer sport and on long freeway drives like i5 here in California it is rocks.

Morn

Reaction score
I'll weigh in for anyone else pondering about this option.

I went on a road trip to Oregon for the eclipse, and the lane keep assist was extremely helpful. Sometimes it gets confused when the lane markings get messed up (usually in construction areas) and will try to nudge me where I don't want to go, but that's minor to me. Totally worth it.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the 1 option that I did not order. It's just not for me I guess. That being said, I have not tried it. I would suggest that one might test drive a raptor or another f150 and see if you like it. The adaptive cruise thing would drive me crazy(er). Cruise control itself drives me crazy. I like to be in control of my own vehicle. I definitely don't want my truck to slow down just because someone else is going too slow in front of me. In fact I would prefer that it speed up to pass the prius on the right that is driving too slow in the left lane and won't get over. The lane keeping system is a decent idea in theory. I for one do not always want to stay in the lane for various reasons. I often move over to the left to peak around vehicles or sometimes I just want to drive closer to the middle to the road if nobody else is on said road. I will also move over to the right to get out of the way of people or kick up some gravel if I am feeling grumpy. Finally, I definitely do not want my high beams or windshield wiper to have a life or their own. I am pretty sure that I can handle it. I assume that one could turn this crap off somewhere in the instrument panel if you don't want it but why pay for it? You could use the money on an ****** max 360 and a train horn (yes I have the max 360 and no I do not have the train horn). Just let me warn you that the radar detector may be more annoying than the adaptive cruise or the lane keeping system. One reason to buy it if you don't think that you want it is that it may increase re sale value but I doubt it is by much.

Last edited:

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the 1 option that I did not order. It's just not for me I guess. That being said, I have not tried it. I would suggest that one might test drive a raptor or another f150 and see if you like it. The adaptive cruise thing would drive me crazy(er). Cruise control itself drives me crazy. I like to be in control of my own vehicle. I definitely don't want my truck to slow down just because someone else is going too slow in front of me. In fact I would prefer that it speed up to pass the prius on the right that is driving too slow in the left lane and won't get over. The lane keeping system is a decent idea in theory. I for one do not always want to stay in the lane for various reasons. I often move over to the left to peak around vehicles or sometimes I just want to drive closer to the middle to the road if nobody else is on said road. I will also move over to the right to get out of the way of people or kick up some gravel if I am feeling grumpy. Finally, I definitely do not want my high beams or windshield wiper to have a life or their own. I am pretty sure that I can handle it. I assume that one could turn this crap off somewhere in the instrument panel if you don't want it but why pay for it? You could use the money on an ****** max 360 and a train horn (yes I have the max 360 and no I do not have the train horn). Just let me warn you that the radar detector may be more annoying than the adaptive cruise or the lane keeping system. One reason to buy it if you don't think that you want it is that it may increase re sale value but I doubt it is by much.

This was how I felt about all of it. Would have taken it for free, but that's about it.

fuhrius

Reaction score
huge fan of adaptive cruise...particularly as implemented in the Raptor...it's better than in the other Fords that I have that are equipped with it.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you plan to add an aftermarket bumper, things do get more finicky with the ACC sensor, which controls the Adaptive cruise control and collision warning. Mine has essentially been disabled the last couple months... At first was kicking myself for adding it, knowing i'd be adding a diff bumper. Yes, many others do claim to have no issues with theirs relocated using a kit or home made, but also know of several others who are in the same boat as me. It will likley get resolved, but may require tweaking, so just a FYI

That all said, id still encourage anyone to get it solely for the Auto high Beams. Even in an urban setting, these get activated when its appropriate. Sounds dumb, but it activates them often and really is nice for ppl who are semi blind at night, or decided to tint their front windshield :biggrin: I forget if the 360 cam is part of the package, or if tech pkg is required to add it, but that cam is very helpful as well.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you plan to add an aftermarket bumper, things do get more finicky with the ACC sensor, which controls the Adaptive cruise control and collision warning. Mine has essentially been disabled the last couple months... At first was kicking myself for adding it, knowing i'd be adding a diff bumper. Yes, many others do claim to have no issues with theirs relocated using a kit or home made, but also know of several others who are in the same boat as me. It will likley get resolved, but may require tweaking, so just a FYI

That all said, id still encourage anyone to get it solely for the Auto high Beams. Even in an urban setting, these get activated when its appropriate. Sounds dumb, but it activates them often and really is nice for ppl who are semi blind at night, or decided to tint their front windshield :biggrin: I forget if the 360 cam is part of the package, or if tech pkg is required to add it, but that cam is very helpful as well.

The 360 cam is not part of the package. I guess that I feel the same way about my high beams. I will turn them on if I want them on and off if I want them off. In my mind anything else is inappropriate. Even if I am partially blind this still holds true. Now if you told me it is good for people with no left arm I might be convinced.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I believe the 360 camera is part of the 802a package, not tech package.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the tech package and would buy it again. Personally I don't care for the automatic wipers. It seems like they're never quite the right speed. The auto high beams are kind of cool, though they're rarely needed where I live. The lane keep assist is awesome, but I only use it when I'm taking a road trip on the freeway. Around town it's just annoying. I like that there's a physical button to turn it on and off so I don't have to dig through vehicle menus to activate and deactivate it. The ACC is where all the value is, in my opinion. I love ACC. If you don't want it to slow down as you approach a car, just keep your foot on the gas or change lanes before you get up to the vehicle in front. It takes the hassle out of freeway driving in LA. It's really just high speed city driving here - everyone is weaving in and out and riding the bumper of the car in front, and speeding up and slowing down. Standard cruise control is completely useless here, as you're constantly setting/braking/re-setting/cancelling etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk