Sync3 Presets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJC

Reaction score
SiriusXm has 3 banks of preset stations available. Could not find the answer to this in the manual: is there a way to move from one preset bank to another without touching the preset icon on the screen?

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering about that to. I tired using the voice command to change the presets, did not work. I hope there is a way.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You can use the head unit source button, or voice commands to navigate the sirius channels. I have not been able to successfully get voice commands to change between preset banks like you’re saying, the only way I’ve been successful is go to sirius channel nn or similar.

the manual says we can do “tune to sat 2 preset __ “

if so, Lucille should pull up hair nation with “tune to sat 3 preset 1”

check out around page 444 in the ’17 F150 owner’s manual.

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really is bad programming that the controls don't cycle through all 18 presets. It just seems like common sense that that's the way it should work.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the ability to scan all channels? It looks like you can only direct tune now, there is no ability to cycle through all stations and have it skip from one channel to the next anymore.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
How about the ability to scan all channels? It looks like you can only direct tune now, there is no ability to cycle through all stations and have it skip from one channel to the next anymore.

no, it looks like we can do a little more via usb/phone/cd by way of track selection, shuffle, etc. but there’s no function to cycle all the 18 sync / sirius presets. best I see is

tune to sat 1 by voice
cycle via steering wheel
tune to sat 2 by voice
cycle channels by steering wheel
etc.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, it looks like we can do a little more via usb/phone/cd by way of track selection, shuffle, etc. but there’s no function to cycle all the 18 sync / sirius presets. best I see is

tune to sat 1 by voice
cycle via steering wheel
tune to sat 2 by voice
cycle channels by steering wheel
etc.

I'm actually not taking about cycling through the presets, I talking about browsing all channels for a given source like FM or SIRIUS, starting on one channel being able to listen for a few seconds and then having it skip to the next one and so on and so on... Basically an old school scan function, which existed in my Gen1 Raptor.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That really is bad programming that the controls don't cycle through all 18 presets. It just seems like common sense that that's the way it should work.

Depends on your usage. If you only use 6 presets, you'd consider it bad programming if it cycled through the other 12 that you never use, right? Alternately, if there are three drivers that use the vehicle, then each one has their own set of presets. It sucks to cycle through the other drivers channels to get back around to your own presets. So what seems bad to you is perfect for others. We have a vehicle that is used by three drivers in our family, and I'm glad the presets are separate when using the steering wheel controls. It just seems like common sense that that's the way it should work.

Last edited:

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your usage. If you only use 6 presets, you'd consider it bad programming if it cycled through the other 12 that you never use, right? Alternately, if there are three drivers that use the vehicle, then each one has their own set of presets. It sucks to cycle through the other drivers channels to get back around to your own presets. So what seems bad to you is perfect for others. We have a vehicle that is used by three drivers in our family, and I'm glad the presets are separate when using the steering wheel controls. It just seems like common sense that that's the way it should work.

You know there's a left AND a right button right? You don't need to just keep clicking one direction and go through all 18 every time.

It's great that works out for your specific situation but I imagine most Raptors aren't driven by specifically 3 people. What if you had 4? That last person is screwed? If it went through all 18 you could group the channels for however you want it split. Not confined to 6 per person. 1 gets 18. 2 get 9. 3 get 6. 4 get 4.5. You get the point.