Street wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldGuy1

Reaction score
I occasionally take 1,000 mile road trips that involve no off roading but I want to take the RAPTOR.
Any suggestions or ideas on a separate set of wheels and tires for road? Need to be good in the rain is about all.
I have the ability to change out sets of tires without much fuss.
Wonder if I'd have to input a different size to make the speedo work right!

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Ya very strange. Run the stock wheels and tires. They're made for "the road"

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do some reading on the stock K02's. They're excellent all around tires, unless you're just looking to throw money down the toilet.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got 50,000 on the originals (still haven't changed them), most street and towing. Very little off road, mostly gravel roads in the back country where I hunt and fish.

Why bother.......

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like everyone has said the K02 are great tires for the street. If you are talking ultra comfort and don't care if your truck looks goofy get a street tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I occasionally take 1,000 mile road trips that involve no off roading but I want to take the RAPTOR.
Any suggestions or ideas on a separate set of wheels and tires for road? Need to be good in the rain is about all.

OldGuy1. I went from Cooper Discovery's to BFG K02's on my '93 F250. The K02's are floatier/squirmier than the Discos. Some of that's either gone away or I've gotten used to it after 10k miles. The K02's are a little noisier too.

Freeway mileage went down from 11 mpg to 10 mpg. So you might get a 1.5 to 2 mpg increase with the Raptor. I've heard that adding a tonneau cover increases mileage too.

I can't imagine that you would save money by going with two sets of wheels/tires, but it is your piggy bank:)

Last edited:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you want "better" street driving, you'll need larger wheels and less sidewall