Rubi to Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was a long time rubi owner and had a great build that I loved but my new 2017 raptor has freaking wowed me with everything it does so well. Long time fan but wanted to post to move to the next step. Look forward to the new adventure. I gave up all my jeep things except my arb fridge which I look forward to installing to keep the joy of 24*7 cold drinks. Cheers and proud to be here.

Attachments

• 20170804_185717.jpg
    20170804_185717.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 75

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I went from a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon when I bought my first Raptor in 2011. Like you, I now own a 2017 Raptor. These trucks are a bit more limited where they can fit, but I prefer high speed dirt roads to rock crawling, so it was an easy transition for me.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was a long time rubi owner and had a great build that I loved but my new 2017 raptor has freaking wowed me with everything it does so well. Long time fan but wanted to post to move to the next step. Look forward to the new adventure. I gave up all my jeep things except my arb fridge which I look forward to installing to keep the joy of 24*7 cold drinks. Cheers and proud to be here.

Jspeers...are you going to install a second battery in the Raptor to run the ARB fridge? I've been running an ARB in my '93 F250 for years now with a second battery under the hood.

OP
OP
J

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my jeep I ran the fridge off the odyssey agm battery which was also used to power the jeep. I initially had plans to run a dual battery setup but with the results I had with the single battery ( ran it for 9 months with no issue at all) I decided to not got dual. I ran a single battery setup in the jeep so I'm figuring it should be good to go single battery In the raptor as well.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kept the 2015 Rubicon Unlimited AND the 2017 Raptor. Rubicon is now the wife's DD and she's happy as a clam.

I don't get how people daily drive Wranglers. Brother-in-law has a loaded Rubicon as a second car and lends it to us when we visit. It has to be the loudest, slowest, most uncomfortable vehicle you can buy new. Phenomenal offroader, but seriously compromised on the highway. But people do love them and they are a dime a dozen by me.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't get how people daily drive Wranglers. Brother-in-law has a loaded Rubicon as a second car and lends it to us when we visit. It has to be the loudest, slowest, most uncomfortable vehicle you can buy new. Phenomenal offroader, but seriously compromised on the highway. But people do love them and they are a dime a dozen by me.

I agree they are not for everyone. I have a 15 AEV built Rubicon Unlimited. I stopped Daily driving jeeps years ago but found the current model able to handle the task. It' has 35's, gets 13.5 mpg (lead foot here), and does over 80 mph on the highway. Of course there are better options but I could daily the jeep if it was my only option. It's loaded so I'm not giving much up on the creature comforts. I could never daily a stripped one.

ZiraiR.jpg

Last edited:

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I guess you won't be buying one then...
It's a Jeep thing. If I had to explain it all to you, you wouldn't get it anyway...

In all seriousness, it's a good little full-framed truck and with 285hp weighing in at under 3800#, it's not fast, but neither is it slow.

We like it - and frankly - that's all that really matters.....

Attachments

• IMG_4702.jpg
    IMG_4702.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 15 AEV built Rubicon Unlimited. I stopped Daily driving jeeps years ago but found the current model able to handle the task. It' has 35's, gets 13.5 mpg (lead foot here), and does over 80 mph on the highway. Of course there are better options but I could daily the jeep if it was my only option. It's loaded so I'm not giving much up on the creature comforts. I could never daily a stripped one.

ZiraiR.jpg

Beautiful Jeep! But Moab is one of the only places I'd want to drive it. As the saying goes, "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." Count me as one who doesn't understand. Raptor gives up a little to the Jeep on rocky, tight trails, but no comparison on the road for comfort, utility, and power.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Beautiful Jeep! But Moab is one of the only places I'd want to drive it. As the saying goes, "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." Count me as one who doesn't understand. Raptor gives up a little to the Jeep on rocky, tight trails, but no comparison on the road for comfort, utility, and power.

My Gen 2 is replacing this jeep :)
So I definitely get you! I honestly love the jeep and would have kept it for years had I not decided to get a Gen 2.