Read if you want a laugh.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I stopped by a local dealer, (have several in my area), just to see in person an avalanche grey Raptor he had in stock.

I didnt even want to bother or waste the salesman time, but you know how they come up to you. I even told him I wasnt in the market, just looking. But he persists, so I ask him the price and he says, $10k over sticker. No problem, I tell him that if they can get it then more power to 'em.

But then he says, "yea, but we arent unethical like that dealer down the street charging $20k over".

LOL, I didnt know that theres a point that the ADM becomes unethical.

So I then ask, "but what if I special order one?". He says, "we arent really taking orders, how it works is, you put down a deposit and then we will let you know when its here."

I said, "but what about color choices?" He says, "you wont find out your color until it arrives, we just take what the factory sends, our last customer was happy his Raptor turned out to be black"

LOL!!! Now thats an ethical dealer!

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont even get to pick color....Never seen a great dealer. But wow, if there is one they must just kill it given the level of service with car dealers.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well... unethical may not be accurate. They’re just trying to capitalize on a limited availability product by charging extra. This is more accurately profiteering.

profiteer
[prof-i-teer]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
verb (used without object)
to act as a profiteer.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah don't you worry about silly thinks like packages, options, or color. This truck is so exclusive that you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 12951

Next thing they will say is you won't find out your engine cover until it arrives too, we just take what the factory sends us.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
So I stopped by a local dealer, (have several in my area), just to see in person an avalanche grey Raptor he had in stock.

I didnt even want to bother or waste the salesman time, but you know how they come up to you. I even told him I wasnt in the market, just looking. But he persists, so I ask him the price and he says, $10k over sticker. No problem, I tell him that if they can get it then more power to 'em.

But then he says, "yea, but we arent unethical like that dealer down the street charging $20k over".

LOL, I didnt know that theres a point that the ADM becomes unethical.

So I then ask, "but what if I special order one?". He says, "we arent really taking orders, how it works is, you put down a deposit and then we will let you know when its here."

I said, "but what about color choices?" He says, "you wont find out your color until it arrives, we just take what the factory sends, our last customer was happy his Raptor turned out to be black"

LOL!!! Now thats an ethical dealer!

Couldn't tell you how many times I've heard this story. It's like their reading from a script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats why the car business has such a bad reputation. **** and pillage today, who cares about tomorrow.

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know Ford has a random Raptor generator. You just submit a order and out comes a Raptor. Everytime is a surprise.