Rattling sound coming from backseat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSUcajun504

Reaction score
Got my S-Crew Raptor in about 2 weeks ago and been noticing a rattling sound coming from the backseat on the drivers side. Seems like its coming from all the way in the back driver side corner of the cab. Can't figure out what it is. Anybody else had this problem or know of suggestion to check for?

Thanks

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull on the seat and see if it wiggles. It may not be fully latched. Or maybe the latch is not fully bolted into the back of the seat.

OP
OP
L

LSUcajun504

Reaction score
Is you jack and misc secured? Check the seat belt buckle to make sure it is rattling on something.

Checked that. Jack is on the passenger side though, rattle is coming from drivers side. Didn't notice anything the seat belt buckle would've rattled on, but I'll check when I go back to my truck after work

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Pull on the seat and see if it wiggles. It may not be fully latched. Or maybe the latch is not fully bolted into the back of the seat.

You know, the drivers side backseat doesn't seem to latch when I fold it up. Thought it was weird because there's a latch release on the bottom of the seat when I fold it up, but it didn't need to be pulled to release it to fold back down like how the passenger side does.

Where do I look to check the latch on it? Drivers side doesn't fold forward

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Checked that. Jack is on the passenger side though, rattle is coming from drivers side. Didn't notice anything the seat belt buckle would've rattled on, but I'll check when I go back to my truck after work

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

You know, the drivers side backseat doesn't seem to latch when I fold it up. Thought it was weird because there's a latch release on the bottom of the seat when I fold it up, but it didn't need to be pulled to release it to fold back down like how the passenger side does.

Where do I look to check the latch on it? Drivers side doesn't fold forward

Driver's side seat does fold forward.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my S-Crew Raptor in about 2 weeks ago and been noticing a rattling sound coming from the backseat on the drivers side. Seems like its coming from all the way in the back driver side corner of the cab. Can't figure out what it is. Anybody else had this problem or know of suggestion to check for?

Thanks

Tell your kid to sit still back there :ROFLJest:

KEPSTANG

Reaction score
Driver's side seat does fold forward.

The left seat back does fold forward similar to the right side but does not have a simple release like you are accessing the jack. A friend of mine reached behind the seat back, roughly in the center and released the latch somehow, allowing the seat back to fold down giving you access to the factory sub woofer location.

I am sure that someone can detail this procedure or help with an easier way.

Once you have the seat back down, you can continue your search for the source of the rattle easier.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its also possible that someone dropped a nut or washer during assembly and its behind the carpet or somewhere difficult to get to.

Grab the back seat and give it a good shake and see if you can pin point the rattle. Weird rattles and noises drive me nuts too...