Raptor decal removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more question

Has anyone removed the raptor decals on the bed of the truck? Every truck I find has the decals on them and I really don't care for them.

So can they be safely removed without harming the paint?

Thanks

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't imagine there would be any damage to deal with. if you are really worried go to a shop that handles wrapping vehicles and let them do it. Otherwise just remember to take your time, and that you'll need to apply wax to the paint after you take the decal off.

Although I would highly suggest that you live with them for a month before pulling the trigger on taking them off. I ordered mine without the decals but I know others who were in the same boat and ended up really liking the decals over time.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hot sunny day, a fingernail, WD-40 and rags, plus the wax of your choice.

Should be done in less than 1 hour. 90% of that will be removing the adhesive with the WD. You can use a cleaner/wax or acetone as well.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The sooner you remove them the better.

I've peeled off the decals on my Gen1 and Gen2. Unfortunately I had to pay for them as most trucks come with these ridiculous profit-makers.

Most of the adhesive should come off but you may have some clean-up.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a heat gun to remove mine. No residue but the outline was kind of ghosted on the clear. So I used a clay mit and rubbed down the entire bed then gave it a good coat of wax and sealant. Did this since the paint underneath the decals is pretty much ******.

Last edited:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Get them warm (sun, heat gun, hair dryer, etc) and peel them off. Use 3M Adhesive remover to remove any residual adhesive. Super easy to do with no damage. Just remember that you are peeling off $100-bills. It is stupid to think the bedside deals are $1000.

RaptoRyan

Reaction score
I would take them off as well, my black on black bedside emblem is barely noticeable, so I don't mind it but the gen 2 decals look soo generic. Are you planning on putting a different decal on there or just leaving it plain?

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 190