Raptor Assault Slides

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’ve been to Raptor Assault, could you scan and share the slides? There’s some good info in them that I’d like to share with my co-driver before TRR and I misplaced my copy.

Also, does anyone remember what tire pressure they recommended for off-roading? If you have a thought on the best pressure for off-roading, please chime in.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you’ve been to Raptor Assault, could you scan and share the slides? There’s some good info in them that I’d like to share with my co-driver before TRR and I misplaced my copy.

Also, does anyone remember what tire pressure they recommended for off-roading? If you have a thought on the best pressure for off-roading, please chime in.

They said they fill the trucks up to 32psi front axle and 28 rear axle. My scanner is DOA at the moment, but I can get them to you next week some time.

OP
OP
Talbor

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said they fill the trucks up to 32psi front axle and 28 rear axle. My scanner is DOA at the moment, but I can get them to you next week some time.

Thanks Nick.

A tip on scanners: I’ve used apps on my iPhone - Scanner Pro and Scanner App - to replace a scanner when I’m working on the field or at home. They use the camera on your phone and covert your doc into a PDF. We have a scanner at home, but the app is so much easier.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, for press events they ran 28 front and 22 rear to settle down the rear. I normally run around 26.

This write up is infinitely better than what you got at Raptor Assault: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/offroad-your-raptor-12791/

For our Gen 2s, use either Mud/Sand or Baja, with locked rear if you want extra rear slide, off if you don't. Most of us found Mud/Sand worked better than Baja at Texana, but YMMV.

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those scanner apps are great, but you could just as easily take photos of the slides with your smartphone and attach the photos directly to a post.

image98

Reaction score
I attended Raptor Assault last weekend and had a blast. I recall them stating that they run 32psi up front and 28psi on the rear tires. Our instructor stated that driving on the highway will raise the pressure by about 3psi.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Nick.

A tip on scanners: I’ve used apps on my iPhone - Scanner Pro and Scanner App - to replace a scanner when I’m working on the field or at home. They use the camera on your phone and covert your doc into a PDF. We have a scanner at home, but the app is so much easier.

Thanks for the heads up!

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Well I was able to dig this up

pubar24.jpg
ZTQV4HZ.jpg

32F 28R is what I wrote down in the class. Conditions that day were dry moderate to hard pack.