Price increase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is the rear stays the same....it does not look like the tailgate app would work as is on that rear....and that's something a lot of people want...

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously man, shop it around! You don't owe the local dealers anything.

I buy a lot of vehicles, and have had some real bad experiences with doing distance purchases. I expect new vehicles to arrive as they did originally to the dealer, near perfect (assuming that's the case most times). I had one deal go sideways from a Southern California dealer, that they ended up firing the sales guy, which I never asked for, solely the dealer's discretion. The sales guy, however, didn't see it that way, and proceeded to first, try and steal my identity, and second, threaten to kill me in 3 separate voicemails left in the middle of the night, all 30 days apart, going on for a duration of exactly 90 days. He was very specific each time with the methodology he intended to employ each termination time, one of which including describing how he was going to disembowel me and "string your entrails along the cold, dirty, sidewalk". He was very much in touch with his prolonged anger.

Ultimately, I chose not to engage in distance deals after the San Rafael Sonnen Audi saga.

*EDITED for lack of spelling accuracy--this is why it's wise to get some caffeine before I post on FRF.*

Last edited:

getz

Reaction score
Just got my Raptor from Ayer MA, shipped to Spokane, WA. Everything as promised, truck in perfect shape, and other than a bit of a wait pretty hassle free. Much better than paying local dealer markup and being 11 deep on the list.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Raptor from Ayer MA, shipped to Spokane, WA. Everything as promised, truck in perfect shape, and other than a bit of a wait pretty hassle free. Much better than paying local dealer markup and being 11 deep on the list.

Congratulations, and that's a long trip! I remember you saying that it was coming from MA though. Everyone that purchased from Gus Johnson, for example, was able to get MSRP, but it's true that a lot of the other dealers were/are charging more. Also very true that us Gus customers have been waiting for quite some time. Thankfully, my July 30th order was built on March 27th, so I should have mine too soon enough :). Hope you're having a blast!

getz

Reaction score
Congratulations, and that's a long trip! I remember you saying that it was coming from MA though. Everyone that purchased from Gus Johnson, for example, was able to get MSRP, but it's true that a lot of the other dealers were/are charging more. Also very true that us Gus customers have been waiting for quite some time. Thankfully, my July 30th order was built on March 27th, so I should have mine too soon enough :). Hope you're having a blast!

Thanks! Glad to hear you'll have your baby soon. I called Gus Johnson and was told they would be adding an ADM. Maybe the guys who had already secured builds got the MSRP deal. I was late to the game :(. The truck is great, much more civilized than I had anticipated. My wife drives a 2017 Lexus LX570 and I don't think there is a huge comfort difference between it and the Raptor. The Raptors touch screen/infotainment is light years better than in the Lexus, and also significantly better than whats in my 2015 GTR. I am really happy with the truck so far.