Poor brake performance, slotted/drilled rotors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jes.jr

Reaction score
Anyone else feel the brakes are almost scary under powered? My truck did sit for almost 5 months before I drove it. No vibrations or pulling, just seems mushy and like I have to really stomp on it to stop from high speed. Looking if anyone has had the dealer fix this or should I upgrade to slotted/drilled rotors?

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am. I find the brakes to be weak on both the gen1 and gen2 when any amount of load is on the truck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jes.jr

jes.jr

Reaction score
My gen1 was no sports car in braking but the gen2 is way faster so maybe that is why I see a real problem with the brakes now.

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different rotors won't fix pedal feel. You could check the fluid and bleed them. Or maybe upgrade to stainless steel lines.(Not sure if stock lines are already ss lines)

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
BREMBO 8 piston fronts > only way to go
floating rotor/aluminum hat

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the Gen2 basically the same brake setup as a Gen 1? And why the brakes feels worse is due to the brake boost for the Collision avoidance?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone that wants them, I have sold a good number of kits for the Gen 2 already, (between 30-40 kits so far this year) and have heard good things about the perceived better braking. Although, stainless lines would help as well, they are still in development.

I have the Gen 2 brake package from R1Concepts listed on my website at the link below and if you use promo code MOTHERSDAY20 during checkout, receive 20% off and free shipping to the lower 48. International shipping available.

https://www.freedommotorsportsraptorstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1126_1128_1370

I also offer a BBK from R1Concepts with 6 piston calipers in the front, 4 piston in the rear, two piece floating rotors, stainless lines, performance pads and the ability to color match the center hats with the calipers in a wide variety of painted and anodized colors for less than $4500 out the door for a full front and rear kit.

Attachments

• about-bbk-pic-4-newone.jpg
    about-bbk-pic-4-newone.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 156
  • BBK9.jpg
    BBK9.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 713
  • BBK3.jpg
    BBK3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

ericwudi0830

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first I thought my brakes felt weak. After a couple of months the feeling disappeared though

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone that wants them, I have sold a good number of kits for the Gen 2 already, (between 30-40 kits so far this year) and have heard good things about the perceived better braking. Although, stainless lines would help as well, they are still in development.

I have the Gen 2 brake package from R1Concepts listed on my website at the link below and if you use promo code MOTHERSDAY20 during checkout, receive 20% off and free shipping to the lower 48. International shipping available.

https://www.freedommotorsportsraptorstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1126_1128_1370

I also offer a BBK from R1Concepts with 6 piston calipers in the front, 4 piston in the rear, two piece floating rotors, stainless lines, performance pads and the ability to color match the center hats with the calipers in a wide variety of painted and anodized colors for less than $4500 out the door for a full front and rear kit.
That's a sweet deal. What size rims do you need for that?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Are there any specs for these brakes?