Parking garage gate got me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So on Wed night I was exiting the garage structure by my work where I park daily. The automatic arm went up and I proceeded to exit, but had to stop for a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk in front of the exit. The arm came down on the back of my truck, but I figured all was fine since plastic covers the top of the bedsides and tailgate. Plus, they have Styrofoam wrapped around most of the gate arm.

I forgot all about the incident until I went to load my mountain bike for a ride last night. Sure enough, my first scratch/scuff all the way to the plastic on the tailgate release housing. Freaking annoying.

Not sure if it's worth doing anything, or even if it's possible since I didn't report the incident when it happened.

Attachments

• 20170609_073217~01.jpg
    20170609_073217~01.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 116

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Good luck. Those places almost always contain liability waivers as a term of use.

That looks pretty well bollixed. A good body guy will fix it right up though.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, could have been so much worse. I hate needing a body panel painted but just the separate latch sure is a nice and easy repair.

OP
OP
G

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks guys. I thought it would be a pretty easy fix, too. I was thinking that I would wait to have it fixed until I have a few others scrapes/dings that will inevitably come from owning a truck and all the adventures that go with it. I thought it was kind of funny that I've been so careful taking care of it- clear bra installed all over front and sides and then the stupid gate gets me from the back. That's life for you!

Last edited:

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks! take it off road throw the tailgate and warp the bed and then youll never even notice that

OP
OP
G

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some touch up paint and don't worry so much, not a noticeable area!

Yep, exactly what I'm thinking. I assume I can get touch up paint through my local dealership?

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

that sucks! take it off road throw the tailgate and warp the bed and then youll never even notice that

Hehe...well that's another approach, I guess!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, exactly what I'm thinking. I assume I can get touch up paint through my local dealership?

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Hehe...well that's another approach, I guess!
Yes, if they don't have it in stock, they can order it!