Is this normal with dealerships

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st time buying a brand new vehicle -2018 Raptor, order placed 3 months ago with a build date of 9/11 and a delivery date of 10/2 I have the Vin# now.
So today I go into the dealership just to ask how much my total cost out the door the Raptor will be given that the price has slightly gone up from the 2017 Raptor. I'm paying with a cashier's check so need to know the exact amount. The sales guy tells me he cannot give me the final cost given he still doesn't have a window sticker and that all he can confirm is the vin# from Ford.
Even worse when I wanted to check that they have all my options in order he says he cannot see them on his computer screen and that Ford will ultimately decide if they have all the options I wanted such as the headlock capable wheels and carbon fiber pkg.
He then tells me that although they will start the build on the Ford assembly line this coming Monday its when the F150 reaches the point on the assembly line that it has gone as far as it can be being a F150 that it is then turned over to the guys at Ford performance for its Raptor transformation and this is when Ford performance folks determine what options they have available for it, and that the guys at Ford performance don't seem to communicate well with the standard F150 team in as far as relaying what they have available for the Raptor options. I was at the very least mistified by how he says it works
Given the short window they now have to deliver the Raptor you would think all the above would already been determined.
Sorry this is so long winded I don't know how else to express what I had been told.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask for both the VOC and DORA - he sounds clueless, speak to the sales manager

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I knew exactly, down to the penny, how much money I needed at delivery day before the truck was even on the delivery vehicle.

They can tell you, they’re just being lazy, ignorant or both.

17lbraptor

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you can get some good answers from the Sales Manager etc. Does anyone know for certain if the Raptor really goes to the Ford Performance Team to finish it? Thats cool if that is true. Anyone have any insider stuff on this?

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds sketchy, bet they tack on adm when it shows. I got the exact out the door price in writing the day i placed the order. If they wont do this be weary.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A car salesperson that's an idiot... shocking! Not surprised he's too lazy to educate himself on the process and continue service after he's made the sale.

Good luck!

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have come to realize that there is no "normal" with anything in this world but this is especially true about dealershits.