No Rear AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bMwdefector

Reaction score
No matter what setting I have the AC on, the rear vents do not blow any air. I have tried as many settings as I can think of including max AC, recirculate, upper vents only and still nothing. I have also pulled the rear cup holders off and everything I can see looks like it is hooked up correct.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know a fix? I am going to take it to the dealership to look at but was hoping there was a simple fix.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen the same complaint about weak airflow from the rear vents from other Gen II owners. Is it just weak, or none at all?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I closed all the front vents and turned the fan to full speed. The flow to the rear vents is great. I opened one front vent and the flow to the rear drops by 70%

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I closed all the front vents and turned the fan to full speed. The flow to the rear vents is great. I opened one front vent and the flow to the rear drops by 70%

OP
OP
bMwdefector

bMwdefector

Reaction score
I've seen the same complaint about weak airflow from the rear vents from other Gen II owners. Is it just weak, or none at all?

I get nothing. If I held up a piece of tissue paper next to it at "full blast" it would not move.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife complained about the same thing over the weekend. She was hot in the back and I was freezing in the front. I closed the driver side vents and it got a little better, but I did not try closing all of the front vents. Most vehicles with rear air have a separate fan for the back vents.

Is this something worth taking into the dealer or are they going to say "Working as designed"...

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford's don't typically have an additional fan- it's a "flow-through" console.