a new noise from the engine??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GLFSHNT

Reaction score
I just got my 2017 Raptor (19K miles) back from the dealer for some warranty engine work - (part of the timing chain guide broke causing the engine to go out of valve timing). They had the truck for 3.5 weeks, had to pull the front of the truck and motor apart.

Now when driving: If I take my foot off the gas quickly when under boost, I can here what sounds like a pop-off valve opening and the excess intake air pressure plowing out. Kind of a "Ppshshsh" sound.

I wouldn't think this a big deal on a high boost turbo engine except the engine did not do this prior to the all the warranty work.
Any Thoughts or ideas??

I am hesitant to call the dealer. I will never go back. They were unresponsive during the work, never called me with any updates, kept the truck much longer than they said, returned it to me filthy, and a few other even more stupid things...

Thanks,

TK

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Besides the sound you describe, is the truck driving well? Good power, rpms fluctuate normally/does it up and downshift well? (in normal mode)

If thats all good Id take a peek in the front above the skid plate and check around the EBOV, make sure those plastic/semi rigid hoses are seated right and everything is plugged in. Trace them to the top of the engine bay and make sure theres nothing obviously loose.

One more thing, will it do it when you are blipping throttle while in park? If so have a buddy blip it while you try to zero in on it.