interior light issue has me stumped. Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenbrackins

Reaction score
Sorry but I have exhausted my searches on my interior light problem. I picked up my new truck about 10 days ago and didn't notice the dome lights were not coming on until a few days ago when I was looking for something in the rear floor. I figured a switch was off. Nope, none of the lights are coming on and when you hit all of the switches by the rearview mirror, nothing happens- non of the interior lights are coming on. No lights when you open doors or turn any switches. (instrument cluster and all exterior lights functioning) No listing for fuse for "interior", "dome", "map" etc. in manual or online for 2018. Can some please tell me whats up and then feel free to call me a dumba$$? Thank you. I hate to have to take this thing back to the dealer but I have spent way too much time on this issue. Regards.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never bought a vehicle that didn't have interior lights already somewhat programmed on.

It would be a trip to the dealer for me.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
OP
OP
kenbrackins

kenbrackins

Reaction score
@kenbrackins

being an adult means knowing when to ask questions.

check here:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

If you have selected the “all lamps off” and door function off, the interior lights won’t fire, unless you hit the map light button.

I didn’t remember this from my pre-flight, post sale brief so I went to Lucille and confirmed the manual content.

Try this before going to the dealer.

Thank you for taking the time to research my problem, No luck, none of the buttons function, no lights come on with the remote either. I guess its a trip back to the dealer. Blehhh

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The button that controls the interior dome lights is in that center area above the rearview. Its the center button. It will be displaying an amber color if the interior lights are off with the doors open.

IMG_1532.jpg

OP
OP
kenbrackins

kenbrackins

Reaction score
UPDATE: Dealer said that the "interior LED lamp control module" was faulty. There has never been an order for on of those apparently and they are trying to get one from the factory. It has been a few weeks with no luck. This is a minor inconvenience not having any of the interior lights come on at all from day one but it is a bit disappointing that you pay top dollar for a truck and the quality control department failed to catch that. My son and I went to the Dearfield factory when they were running F150s and it was super cool to see. But they would have someone in the truck at the end of the line flashing headlights, turning on the wipers etc. but it took about 20 seconds so I can see how they might miss that. Other than this issue everything of the 2018 is fine.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Dealer said that the "interior LED lamp control module" was faulty. There has never been an order for on of those apparently and they are trying to get one from the factory. It has been a few weeks with no luck. This is a minor inconvenience not having any of the interior lights come on at all from day one but it is a bit disappointing that you pay top dollar for a truck and the quality control department failed to catch that. My son and I went to the Dearfield factory when they were running F150s and it was super cool to see. But they would have someone in the truck at the end of the line flashing headlights, turning on the wipers etc. but it took about 20 seconds so I can see how they might miss that. Other than this issue everything of the 2018 is fine.

Good to hear you're on the road to getting it fixed. For those of us still awaiting the arrival of our new Raptors, please post some action pics ;)

j3ff

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to research my problem, No luck, none of the buttons function, no lights come on with the remote either. I guess its a trip back to the dealer. Blehhh

thank you! i was more than a bit befuddled this and couldn't find a solution.