Ideas for brake upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorian

Reaction score
Lovin the G2 after the first 500 miles except for the brakes, especially coming from a Jeep SRT !

Anyone have ideas for upgrading the stock brakes, or maybe someone has already done?....

Thanks, BlackScab

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brembo and Baer made kits for the G1.

Are you boiling the fluid or smoking the stocks? You could go with some better fluid, braided lines and better pads for a lil upgrade.

Dont go craking any brake lines tho. Lots of newer vehicles dont bleed as easy as the old ones do and involve cycling ABS modules with a computer and all that jazz.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
With 17" wheels you are really limited. Possibly EBC or Power Stop for better pads and slotted rotors. Braided stainless brake lines will help some as well.

If you bump up the wheel diameter to a minimum of 18" (depending on the spoke configuration) you upgrade to a BBK setup from Brembo or Stop-Tech.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lovin the G2 after the first 500 miles except for the brakes, especially coming from a Jeep SRT !

Anyone have ideas for upgrading the stock brakes, or maybe someone has already done?....

Thanks, BlackScab

Are you racing around a track? Stop light racing? Stock brakes should be more than adequate on a brand new vehicle for it's intended use.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brakes on this monster truck are halariously small. Any modern sports car that weighs 1/2 as much has brakes 50% larger. I think at times it's down right dangerous, but on the other hand I'm not sure how much more braking the stock k02 tires can handles as they already lock up fast on the street when braking hard with oem

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be upgrading my brakes but I think I am going to wait until the pads are worn... just seems to make more sense. By then there will also be more, larger options I am sure. I went with 20" wheels so I can get some larger calipers...