Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

HELP! Powertrain Malfunction/Coolant Overheating…..

This is a discussion on HELP! Powertrain Malfunction/Coolant Overheating….. within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By pjones
  • 1 Post By Frank N
  • 2 Post By HankTheTank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default HELP! Powertrain Malfunction/Coolant Overheating…..
I have not turned on my truck for over 24hrs. Truck was running awesome yesterday. Just now I remote started it and when I left my driveway I felt a sharp shift then about 1 minute later engine started missing and it went to limp mode, engine light, powertrain malfunction light, and coolant overheating message (I just turn it on, it was cold). I pulled over and it turned off and would only stay on but for a second at a time. I disconnected the battery for about 15min and then it stayed on in limp mode and I drove it home (total distance back & forth about 1/4mi) very rough running engine, missing like crazy. Last week I put in a BoostMax, but it was running great. Maybe coincidence? I’m gonna remove the BoostMax, I have to anyway before I bring it to dealer. Probably should remove catch can also huh? Only other factor is that it has been raining since yesterday and humidity is over 90%. Do you think that so much condensation built up in the intercooler overnight and it sucked in too much water when I left my driveway?

SJRaptorG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Remove boost max. Others reported similar problems.
weezy likes this.
pjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by pjones View Post
Remove boost max. Others reported similar problems.
Thanks...I'll let you guys know if this is the issue.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Default Fixed
Removed BoostMax and cleared codes....It's running like new again. Sucks cause I liked the way Boostmax was giving me a quicker throttle response. Guess I'm gonna have to wait until FP puts out their tune. I want a reliable vehicle. if this was any further from my house I would of had to tow it to a dealer with the boostmax on it and they would of had a fit!

19000 miles and this was the only issue so far.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by SJRaptorG2 View Post
Removed BoostMax and cleared codes....It's running like new again. Sucks cause I liked the way Boostmax was giving me a quicker throttle response. Guess I'm gonna have to wait until FP puts out their tune. I want a reliable vehicle. if this was any further from my house I would of had to tow it to a dealer with the boostmax on it and they would of had a fit!

19000 miles and this was the only issue so far.

19k and no problems, good to hear.
And the 19k was not an issue of Ford.
weezy likes this.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

People really need to stop buying boostmax. It's a waste of money and doesn't work! I feel like most threads on here that report an engine issue are due to tuners.
weezy and Robtor310 like this.
HankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Originally Posted by HankTheTank View Post
People really need to stop buying boostmax. It's a waste of money and doesn't work! I feel like most threads on here that report an engine issue are due to tuners.
I have seen a number of boostmax users report problems like this, and a few - a very, very few pedal commander users. I think some of the latter were victims of a botched install, in which the connecters were not fully seated.
smurfslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by SJRaptorG2 View Post
I have not turned on my truck for over 24hrs. Truck was running awesome yesterday. Just now I remote started it and when I left my driveway I felt a sharp shift then about 1 minute later engine started missing and it went to limp mode, engine light, powertrain malfunction light, and coolant overheating message (I just turn it on, it was cold). I pulled over and it turned off and would only stay on but for a second at a time. I disconnected the battery for about 15min and then it stayed on in limp mode and I drove it home (total distance back & forth about 1/4mi) very rough running engine, missing like crazy. Last week I put in a BoostMax, but it was running great. Maybe coincidence? I’m gonna remove the BoostMax, I have to anyway before I bring it to dealer. Probably should remove catch can also huh? Only other factor is that it has been raining since yesterday and humidity is over 90%. Do you think that so much condensation built up in the intercooler overnight and it sucked in too much water when I left my driveway?

Call Ford Corp.. and give them HELL... You might get extended warranty for free.
sniperm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by sniperm View Post
Call Ford Corp.. and give them HELL... You might get extended warranty for free.

Seriously? Give them hell on what basis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802a luxury package | technology package | twin panel roof | tailgate step | heated steering wheel | 2nd row heated seats | spray in bed-liner
CFIT is offline   Reply With Quote