Coolant question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorWings

RaptorWings

Reaction score
Dude, you are being misinformed. Antifreeze color is for different corrosion inhibitors. Some manufacturers developed different coolant for their specific needs for the metals and rubber seals in their system.
If there is any confusion, just step back, buy the Ford concentrate and mix 50/50 with distilled water.
But since you’re replacing, doing it right, do a distilled water flush. Drain the system, fill with distilled water run the engine for a couple minutes and turn your heat on to flush the heater core. Drain the water and fill with the 50/50 mixture. Ensure you turn your heater on again so it is filled with the mixture (very important)
Would you have a link to the proper coolant I should use?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not use that coolant, it’s a “one formula fits all” product. They state the following:

“Prestone® MAX antifreeze + coolant uses Advanced Original Equipment Technology to provide MAXIMUM ENGINE PROTECTION in all Ford, Lincoln & Mercury vehicles from 2002 & newer, guaranteed.”

So they’re claiming it’s compatible with Motorcraft Gold, Green, Orange, and Specialty Green, yet those coolants are not compatible with each other.

OP
OP
RaptorWings

RaptorWings

Reaction score
Have you contact the service dept that screwed up. They would probably make it right if you explained what happened and what you found.
Haven't tried that yet and am worried because I put water in it myself and they will probably just top it off with more coolant and not flush out the tap water I put in.

OP
OP
RaptorWings

RaptorWings

Reaction score
You had no choice at the moment. They should give you a drain, flush and fill.
If they complain say you could have called a tow truck and they could have paid for that along with fixing their mistake. You did them a favor
So I called the dealer earlier today and just like you said, they told me to bring it asap and they will cover the flush and refill cost. Thanks for the advice now I can return the amsoil and get my $100 back