grinding in front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miken

Reaction score
I am getting a metallic grinding noise from my front end when going up an incline. If you let off on the gas the noise goes away. If you give it more gas the grinding gets louder and then there is a loud bang as if the gear is engaging. It happens at all speeds 25mph to 80mph, as long as you are going up an incline. Took it to the dealer 3 times and they cant replicate it. It happens to me almost every drive but not always. any thoughts?

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer and drive the mechanic in the car

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Pretty much this. I don't even bother taking my vehicles to the dealer if I can't actually show them the problem, because I know what their response is going to be otherwise.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i get the same noise when i throw a chain into the engine’s moving parts. cant figure it out either.

FTCHMUP

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. First they put a speed sensor in the front wheel and when that didn't work they replaced the vacuum solenoid that operates the hubs.. good so far.

get it fixed before it destroys your hubs. you probably got water in the solenoid.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That’s what I had do to. Had the head mechanic ride with me. He was not happy that the other mechanics could not figure it out. They replaced the 4wd vacuum system.