For the GOTTAHAVEAV8 crowd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or43trFsBwQ

The long and short of it is that vs. the (Nissan) V8, the EBV6 kicked ass. However, platform to platform, the Nissan provided a superior towing experience (in areas that had nothing to do with engine/transmission). That second part isn't particularly surprising, as the Titan XD is intended to be a (mildly) heavier-duty truck.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or43trFsBwQ

The long and short of it is that vs. the (Nissan) V8, the EBV6 kicked ass. However, platform to platform, the Nissan provided a superior towing experience (in areas that had nothing to do with engine/transmission). That second part isn't particularly surprising, as the Titan XD is intended to be a (mildly) heavier-duty truck.

i ******* love nissans 5.6 v8. they are a thing of beauty and power. not much aftermarket, but you dont need it for nearly 400hp/tq

slap a sc on it and call it a day lol

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why we are still having this conversation. We all know the EBV6 makes a ton of mid range power. Some are willing to live with the trade offs, like low end torque, throttle response, longevity, etc. and others are not. Luckily there are plenty of choices for both crowds... oh wait... only Ford is offering full size trucks with turbo V6s.

:supergay:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why we are still having this conversation. We all know the EBV6 makes a ton of mid range power. Some are willing to live with the trade offs, like low end torque, throttle response, longevity, etc. and others are not. Luckily there are plenty of choices for both crowds... oh wait... only Ford is offering full size trucks with turbo V6s.

:supergay:

Best selling engine in the best selling truck. Yep, Ford definitely ****** that one up. :crazy:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best selling engine in the best selling truck. Yep, Ford definitely ****** that one up. :crazy:

Did you know that excess estrogen in the water supply is causing mens' testosterone levels to be lower than they ever have been? I surmise that there is a direct correlation between V6 truck sales and estrogen levels in modern men.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i dont know why the people that hate the v6 actually hate it?

it makes good power, who cares if it sounds like a bag of smashed ass holes.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who doesn't enjoy a really fast lawnmower with great suspension?

FWIW, Harleys sound great and they only have 2 cylinders.

It isn't cylinder count that neuters the Raptor's exhaust note, but the turbos. A V8TT wouldn't sound much better than a V6TT.