Gen 1 vs Gen 2 questions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there this much hype with the Gen 1?
Were there "supply" issues?
Production holdups and order delays?

Just curious if the first Gen rollout was similar......

LBizzle

Reaction score
Don't know how similar...

...but I remember wanting one, and the dealers were marking them up in SoCal (as they do everything else) so I passed on it and got a Range Rover Sport SC instead. lol

Now I'm waiting on mine to be delivered sometime next week, and will get to enjoy what I've been missing.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a much smaller market at the time for the G1 launch but I don't recall any production delays.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2010 had Ramp 59 delays didn't they?

I remember 2012 had Tuxedo Black paint shortage due to Japan earthquake/tsunami and also front camera delay. I still got my truck the first 2 weeks of January though.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely dealers going over MSRP, there was high demand but low volume.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no issues in early 2014.
socal dealer had color and style choice, terrain / screw
no markup

DarinT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was pretty much the same when I purchased my 2013 4 years ago. Some of the options were supposedly hard to get "Beadlocks". Everyone was tracking vehicle builds in the same way, talking about which dealer had better pricing etc... It was all very similar, the only thing that has changed in my mind was the fairly consistent ADM across the board for the new inventory. I'm assuming a two year gap in production, which built up interest, as well as several Automotive Conferences the dealers where at all lead to dealers special ordering their own inventory in order to get ADM..

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 had Ramp 59 issues. Held so long Ford gave me a free 3yr service contract.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there this much hype with the Gen 1?
Were there "supply" issues?
Production holdups and order delays?

Just curious if the first Gen rollout was similar......

"Production holdups": 2011 Raptor roll out was delayed +30 days, similar to '17 issue but limited to the Raptor. New PCM source (Mexico) for the 6.2 motor had a high failure rate, and was discovered only after the production run started (sound familiar?). Since it was only Raptors (as opposed to all 3.5EB/10R80 F150s), The corrections took place much quicker, and the shipping backlog was much smaller. Just a guess: ~10% production holdup in MY11 as compared to that seen in Oct/Nov builds of the MY17.

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get gen 2 raptors arms and shocks installed a gen 1 raptor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk