Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Ford dealership denied warranty claim on my 3 week old truck....

This is a discussion on Ford dealership denied warranty claim on my 3 week old truck.... within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
From my experience, a dealer will pass the buck to Ford on a claim. But a good dealer will convince ...

User Tag List

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #31 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 404 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

From my experience, a dealer will pass the buck to Ford on a claim. But a good dealer will convince Ford by being clever and know what it takes to get things through the warranty process so they get reimbursed. Fortunately I found a dealer that puts the customer first over an idiot in the Ford warranty division. So to say that Ford is doing this is incorrect, you just have an idiot service advisor at the dealership you are going to.

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR & Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17'/18' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15'/18' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16'/18' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:39 PM   #32 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Originally Posted by smurfslayer View Post
I’d drop every project I had going, and devote my sole attention to costing this $hit dealer money in any legal way, shape and form I could. I’d dump money into a lawyer to at least start with the “strongly worded letter” to Ford C/S, but, I would also entertain suing the dealer individually for screwing up the stickers worse, misrepresenting the issue to Ford and keep the cost low so as to -possibly- keep the issue in small claims court. I’d start a website if I had to, hire some folks to represent on their social media presence about how bad their service is, maybe take a few pictures while browsing their inventory, to investigate for possible illegal hazmat waste disposal, violations of local ordinances, you name it. Until they acquiesced, or I’d managed to cost them a significant amount of money.
LOSER

Last edited by Jake17; 05-09-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Jake17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Onemoosehorn View Post
Never said I paid $74000. I just said a truck for $74000. Price doesnít matter for a warranty claim does it?
Yea, you pretty much did, or at least implied it..

"but I had only owned the truck 7 hrs and for $74000, someone was fixing the stickers. "

So then what you are saying is that you got $5000 off MSRP, (which is about as good a deal as anyone has ever got), but you are now spending many hours and emotional energy on a small defect in a $224 sticker that you don't even like anyway???

Lighten up Francis
df4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by df4801 View Post

"but I had only owned the truck 7 hrs and for $74000, someone was fixing the stickers. "

So then what you are saying is that you got $5000 off MSRP, (which is about as good a deal as anyone has ever got), but you are now spending many hours and emotional energy on a small defect in a $224 sticker that you don't even like anyway???

Lighten up Francis

The day your name ends up on the title of this truck, then feel free to enlighten us with your ignorance all you wish. I mean that in the nicest way possible too.

I’ll spend whatever I want to emotionally or financially, because it’s MY truck. Not yours. This was more on the principal of the issue, not just the damn stickers. Please re read the statement you quoted me on. Where does it say I “paid” $74000? Never implied it either. I have posted in numerous threads what I paid for the truck. Yes, for $74000, someone is fixing it. I would look at that as what the truck is worth. IDK.

Now back to the thread and the adults here, I had a very positive conversation with 2 regional reps from Ford today. Bottom line, Ford is replacing or removing the stickers, under warranty. Whichever I want. There was no issues today, no problems at all. They were completely understanding, and highly recommendable. The Rep is also taking care of this claim personally, from start to finish, including the final approval on my part, of whatever I choose. Also had a great conversation about the dealership the claim was initiated at. Just got off the phone with the collision shop manager of the new dealership, he said he is also taking responsibility for this personally. What a great way for Ford to step up and take care of this.

Thanks for everyone’s advice and help with this.
ChevyChad likes this.
Onemoosehorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:34 PM   #35 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by df4801 View Post

Lighten up Francis
You know, if he would have come in here and said that he paid $5k OVER sticker, ya'll would have made fun of him and then said that he has enough money to get the stickers fixed himself...

OP - people in here are seriously bitter sometimes. I would have been pissed too, it's all about the way the dealer handled it and I'm glad you are getting a resolution.
cayenne likes this.
nikhsub1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
You know, if he would have come in here and said that he paid $5k OVER sticker, ya'll would have made fun of him and then said that he has enough money to get the stickers fixed himself...

OP - people in here are seriously bitter sometimes. I would have been pissed too, it's all about the way the dealer handled it and I'm glad you are getting a resolution.

I appreciate that. I thought we were all here to help each other. Itís ncie to see that some stand up guys still exist.

Im not worried about anyone on this forum. I spent too many years in the USMC to let some of these guys rattle me..... to much. Lol. I do love learning on this forum though. Now itís back to ďmodĒ researching.
Onemoosehorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #37 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by raminator08 View Post
A factory replacement sticker costs $224. To get both sides would be 224x2=$448.
The bed decal package from Ford is $1075. 1075-448=$627 for labor?
Or if you go eBay route, it's $99 for a knockoff set
I don't have a math degree so I better just trust what Ford charges
This...right here...is why NO ONE should order trucks with stickers...
Micha likes this.

2018 802A Leadfoot SCREW Tech, Beadlocks, Double panel roof, rear heat, Delivered 5/27/18
2004 F250 Superduty CCSB, 6.0 PSD, FX4, 9" Skyjacker, 38's
2003 F250 Superduty SCAB, 6.0 PSD, FX4, 4" Rancho, 35's
1994 Bronco XLT, 5.8, 3" Rancho, 33's
04SSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I refused to get the stickers, mine looks so much better without!
solarwinds likes this.
wreedsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:07 PM   #39 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by wreedsvt View Post
I refused to get the stickers, mine looks so much better without!
This is one of the least of many reasons I ordered a Raptor!
It's one of very few vehicles you can buy that doesn't have a ton of emblems all over it, especially if you delete the stickers.
Stickers were cool on my 4th grade school binder, and they were free.
BangBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by rtmozingo View Post
They were cool on the first gen, in fact the first gen is what set the trend. But the new ones are terrible
i agree, I only really like the splash graphics that came on the '10 and '11 models and even then I would get them only on the molten orange supercab because it makes me feel nostalgic
raminator08 is offline   Reply With Quote