Finally!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since being built on 10/19, and sitting who the hell knows where, my Raptor has arrived.

Upon arrival, I started buying into all the G1/G2 BS a little and was nervous about whether or not I was going to like it as much as my 13. The first words out of my wife's mouth were...I didn't think they would be able to make look any more aggressive. She immediately loved it, and I was overwhelmingly pleased with the appearance.

In two days of ownership, here's my initial impressions:

Sound - The sound is great. I genuinely like the sound. Could use a little more turbo spool, but that can be fixed aftermarket. Yes, its not a V8 sound and honestly who gives a shit. I guess if thats a top priority for you then buy a truck with a V8 or keep your G1. But this truck sounds fine, period.

Driving - Only have had the chance to drive it on road so far. Hope to at least get out to some logging trails this weekend. Driving is great. I do like Sport mode for the more aggressive tune and how it manages the gears and turbo spooling, but Normal mode is fine as well. Mine shifts super smooth and you don't even feel the gear changes. I haven't found it hunting for gears at anytime to date. I do notice a little less body roll versus the 13 in turns, but not demonstrably different. Truck handles great, but my 13 was no slouch either.

POWER - No comparison. Period. This truck is fast, and I mean fast. It will be something to consider and manage when running off-road because it can quickly get away from you if you're not paying attention to the speed. One thing that is significantly better is passing at high speed. My 13 always seemed to have the need to get up and get going in order to make a high speed pass on the highway. This truck just pulls away like a rocket. Awesome, awesome power.

Comfort/Interior - It's a Raptor...its rides like a Raptor...super comfortable. Interior is top notch. Haven't found anything I don't like. The Tech is awesome. I'm not a fan of Apple Car Play. I have it other cars and never use it if I have the option to not use it. Sync 3 allows you to disable it, and that is great. I had my dealership turn off the Enhanced Engine Sound or whatever that fake shit is called. Cabin is quiet.

That's it for now. More to follow. RPG Collars are on their way, and I am waiting for Dale @RPG to get their bumpers out before I make any decision in that direction.

Here's a few pics:

IMG_5039.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
awesome. The black Raptors are faster.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweet pics. I think some people are going to have issues with how fast it is off road. The Gen 1 was already fast off road and like you said if not paying attention could be serious.

The Roosts look good on it better than the Gen 1.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn dude, looks great. Loving those Method Roosts as well.

Glad to hear you're enjoying, and it'll only grow on you more. Ford hit this one out of the park even if they botched the roll out and deliveries.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats, the truck and black Methods look great. What is the offset? The reason for my question, because there was a thread for GEN2 crowd where they are trying to replicate the factory off set, using aftermarket wheels. I personally like them at '0'.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, the truck and black Methods look great. What is the offset? The reason for my question, because there was a thread for GEN2 crowd where they are trying to replicate the factory off set, using aftermarket wheels. I personally like them at '0'.

Zero offset. I prefer this look as well.