Details on the delays and rework?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, sorry if I missed the thread(s) on this in my search, but was wondering what we really know about the 1-2 months of "sitting" and what exactly was reworked and / or repaired on these trucks. I picked up someone else's order and I think mine was built in early November but not delivered to the dealer until a few days ago. Just really interested in the background on why they all seem to have 60-100 miles on them and what was done during all these delays.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of speculation, I haven't seen anyone put out anything official so you'll see lots of what I heard from a friend of a friend that works there

You can find your build date by entering your VIN here https://www.etis.ford.com/

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks that's kinda what I thought too but was hoping there was at least a most popular / most likely story about what happened.

Thanks for that link I did find that in the sticky about ordering but when I entered my VIN, the date came back as 07.11.2016. I am assuming that's November 7 and the system does the European method of day month year rather than month day year. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do all of them have the extra miles? I thought it was only some?

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all, but seems like the majority do. Which is part of the reason why I am so curious about what happened...