Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

ARE DEAVER LEAF SPRINGS worth it ?

This is a discussion on ARE DEAVER LEAF SPRINGS worth it ? within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!

User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2018, 12:04 AM   #11 (permalink)

aka etalian2005

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Thank you all so much for ya input do you suggest I go the +3 if Iím going to run 37s??
From what I have read the +3 should be no stiffer witch is hard to comprehend as there are more leafs.

Thanks again
If you're going to be running 37s, the extra 1" of height over stock will definitely help.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:43 AM   #12 (permalink)

Your Wife's Personal Trainer

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

since you delete the the blocks, do you have to run the bump stop? No whoop running for me.
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 404 Post(s)

Originally Posted by warrior View Post
since you delete the the blocks, do you have to run the bump stop? No whoop running for me.

If you do not get a full bump stop kit, at the very least replace what was there from stock. SDHQ sells a bump stop mount plate that accomplishes this

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR & Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17'/18' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15'/18' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16'/18' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I fitted Deaver +2" this weekend to my 2018. The truck is a lot more sure footed on the black stuff now. (Yet to get it off road). There are some bad roads round where I live and I was getting the rear end step out on me a lot on bumpy tight bends. Its only been a couple of days, but it is night and day. I have driven over the same bad roads and not felt a thing. It also now feels a lot tighter on the road powering round a flat bend. Pleased I decided to fit them.
Lwlandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Lwlandy View Post
I fitted Deaver +2" this weekend to my 2018. The truck is a lot more sure footed on the black stuff now. (Yet to get it off road). There are some bad roads round where I live and I was getting the rear end step out on me a lot on bumpy tight bends. Its only been a couple of days, but it is night and day. I have driven over the same bad roads and not felt a thing. It also now feels a lot tighter on the road powering round a flat bend. Pleased I decided to fit them.
How does the firmness of the ride compare to stock? Is it softer, firmer, about the same?
Jeff-Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

what are you guys seeing in terms of labor costs to install these?

fuhrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

subbed great discussion
Jepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #18 (permalink)

HAP
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

One of the most satisfying MOD's you can do, besides super charger...

R,
HAP

Old 03-06-2018, 02:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ohio View Post
How does the firmness of the ride compare to stock? Is it softer, firmer, about the same?
I think they are as per the nature of progressive springs, softer initially (so they absorb the small bumps easily) but then get firmer the further they get compressed. Makes for a nice compliant ride on tarmac but more capable offroad when under more extreme compression.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Originally Posted by fuhrius View Post
what are you guys seeing in terms of labor costs to install these?
I fitted them myself, took me all day Saturday (I also fitted SVC Bump stops). I was on my own and the springs are heavy. It would be better with 2 people as trying to get the springs in place without damaging anything like Brake lines road speed sensor etc. is not easy on your own.

I would say that a decent shop with the right equipment should be able to do it in 3-4 hours.
Lwlandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Lwlandy View Post
I think they are as per the nature of progressive springs, softer initially (so they absorb the small bumps easily) but then get firmer the further they get compressed. Makes for a nice compliant ride on tarmac but more capable offroad when under more extreme compression.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

I fitted them myself, took me all day Saturday (I also fitted SVC Bump stops). I was on my own and the springs are heavy. It would be better with 2 people as trying to get the springs in place without damaging anything like Brake lines road speed sensor etc. is not easy on your own.

I would say that a decent shop with the right equipment should be able to do it in 3-4 hours.
no issues with leaf spring bolts right? Old gens you had to cut one of the leaf bolts out because of the way it was oriented. I havent looked at these.